Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-20-2022, 08:15 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax DA *50-135 Causing Slow in Camera Processing

It's always been like this, and I bought the lens in 2014. It takes a long time for the camera to generate an image with this lens and this lens only. It might take 10 seconds to see your shot with this lens on either of my cameras. With any other lens on it and you'll only wait a second.
I've put up with it. Has anyone else experienced this?

06-20-2022, 08:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd suggest you have a look at your settings. I'm not saying it's not the lens, per se, but it could be that this lens and a particular set of settings do not work well together.

Could you post an image with EXIF settings intact? That may help members see if there's anything amiss.
06-20-2022, 08:33 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tighelander Quote
It's always been like this, and I bought the lens in 2014. It takes a long time for the camera to generate an image with this lens and this lens only. It might take 10 seconds to see your shot with this lens on either of my cameras. With any other lens on it and you'll only wait a second.
I've put up with it. Has anyone else experienced this?
I haven’t seen anything like this before with that model lens. And I’m in a fairly unique position… since I convert that lens to screw drive and I’ve seen loads of them. Part of my testing is to use the lens and take a photo or two with it. I’ve never experienced the issue you are talking about.

Things to try: turn off in camera lens corrections. Turn off raw and shoot small jpgs, then try raw only - any difference in the time to display the image?

Last edited by UncleVanya; 06-21-2022 at 04:42 AM.
06-20-2022, 09:32 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Distortion corrections might be to blame, especially if your other lenses are non-Pentax or older.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-21-2022, 01:18 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Distortion corrections might be to blame, especially if your other lenses are non-Pentax or older.
Yes, that would be my bet too.
06-21-2022, 11:56 PM   #6
Pentaxian

To isolate whether it's the lens itself or just the associated settings which might be to blame, try processing an image taken with the suspect lens, but without the lens being attached to the camera at processing time.
If the image still takes a long time to process this would suggest there's a setting … possibly distortion correction, as suggested above … at the root of the problem.
Good luck