Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2022, 04:29 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Preliminary tests are all failures.
I'm throwing in the towel.
While I'm not entirely convinced that my initial idea is incorrect (ie: that pz pins can act and 'dumb pins' in some teleconverters where electrical signals are passed through without any further modification on the part of the teleconverter itself), I have found the precision needed to add pz pins to a teleconverter that previously had none to be quite a bit more difficult than I had first imagined.

If anyone wants to pick up the torch, best of luck to them!
My experiment was unsuccessful. Thank you to all who participated with me for their insights and ideas!

06-29-2022, 12:32 AM - 1 Like   #17

At least you tried. I gave up before I started down this path.👍
06-29-2022, 04:40 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
KAF4 Teleconverters do exist: they are just rather rare.

There are also Extension tubes that also support KAF4

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, kaf, kaf2, lenses, pentax lens, pins, sdm, sdm pins, slr lens, teleconverters