Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #1

Pentax smc a 80-200mm f4.7-5.6 ( ordinarty questions:) )

this is my first message on this forum.. greetings to everyone fm Turkey Im beginner of the pentax user. I havebeen used compact kodak before

anyway , one mount ago I bought secondhand lens "Pentax smc a 80-200mm f4.7-5.6" ( price 80usd, pls advise good or not ) , its been my second lens , I have got pentax da 18-55 as otherone which came by k10d body

I wondering that how is the quality and performance about this lens. I usualy use my lenses for sport events ( bicycle, motorcycle ) and landspace photos.

now just want to use only one lens to use everywhere wihtout lens changing. in this case my second alternative SIGMA 28-300MM F/3.5-6.3 DG MACRO. is it good idea ?

according to your opinion Im going to decide to buy or give up my third lens ( sigma ) because, I dont have any idea and experience for both of lenses. ( sigma28-300 and pentax 80-200 )

thanks for yours help

12-18-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you already bought it, it's too late to worry about price. I had the Pentax-A 80-200mm for a short time, and it wasn't bad. I couldn't find anything wrong with it. Construction is mostly plastic but functional. It was intended to be a budget lens and it is. The DA 50-200mm is better than this lens, not much more expensive and has auto-focus.

I have an inexpensive Tamron zoom with a 10x range, probably similar to the Sigma. You give up some quality for convenience. You can get better quality with two lenses, like a 70-300mm zoom (Tamron or Sigma) or the Pentax DA 55-300mm. Then you can still use the DA 18-55mm and save up for a Sigma or Pentax 17-70mm.

There are always more expensive options if you have more money.
12-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I've got a M80-200/4.5 first version that's as close to brand new as you can get. it's a stellar performer
$90usd shipped in conus, outside? actual shipping