Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2007, 10:58 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Help please from Sigma 70-200/2.8 owner

I recently bought a second hand one of these, but it didn't come with the "manual". I realise it probably doesn't say too much, but I was wondering if some kind soul would scan the pages for me and post somewhere to download or email to me.

Thanks.

03-14-2007, 11:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey Arpe,

Did a google and an ask.com and came up with only one lead.

Where can I get the owner's manual for the 70-200 f2.8? [Archive] - Canon Digital Photography Forums

Hope that helps.
03-15-2007, 04:12 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not much in it

I bought one recently sans manual.

The only thing I got caught on was the manual versus auto focus. Just slide the front collar in or out. There is nothing else special about this lens (that I can determine)

cheers

Greg
03-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Alvin - that seems to be for a Canon lens, thanks anyway.

Greg - I know the AF/MF bit. I just want to be "complete". I always retain receipts and manuals of everything expensive I buy. I remember reading somewhere about using the 2x with it, and one should be connected first etc. I just want to be sure I'm not missing anything too!

03-15-2007, 04:13 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Greg - I know the AF/MF bit. I just want to be "complete". I always retain receipts and manuals of everything expensive I buy. I remember reading somewhere about using the 2x with it, and one should be connected first etc. I just want to be sure I'm not missing anything too!
Sounds perfectly reasonable. I'm much the same. If I come across one in my travels I'll let you know but I'd be surprised if someone here can't provide a scan as it is a popular lens.

cheers

Greg
03-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arpe,

I'll get one, or the relevant portions of it to you in the next few days. Things are a little hectic here at the moment and I do not have access to a scanner at the moment.

The most important thing to know right off the bat is that you should have the camera and the lens (push pull) on AF together for AF to work. Set the camera manually and the lens to M (push pull) to use the lens manually. Not doing this can damage the motor in the camera .

There ain't much more on the instruction page but I will get it too you anyway.

If my brain stops functioning for some reason and I forget just email me to set it in gear again.

Stephen
03-15-2007, 08:16 PM   #7
Pentaxian

I recently bought a second hand one of these, but it didn't come with the "manual". I realise it probably doesn't say too much, but I was wondering if some kind soul would scan the pages for me and post somewhere to download or email to me.

Thanks.
Try contacting Sigma for a copy?

We (the CS department I manage) send out manuals, usually for free for the asking (though possibly xerox copies :-), if they are not online.

03-16-2007, 12:04 AM   #8
Forum Member

Manual for 70-200 Sigma

Hi,

I have scanned for you the diagrams and English Instructions for the Sigma 70-200 f2.8. I have joined it together as a JPG and it is around 1.2Mb in size.

If youd lile to send me your email address ill forward it on.

Dave
03-16-2007, 06:34 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ossi Quote
Hi,

I have scanned for you the diagrams and English Instructions for the Sigma 70-200 f2.8. I have joined it together as a JPG and it is around 1.2Mb in size.

If youd lile to send me your email address ill forward it on.

Dave
You can send them over to me and I'll convert it to an acrobat file

Arpe - I just realized it was for a Canon mount. :ugh: Sorry.
03-17-2007, 12:47 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
All good, Dave sent me the jpg of the scan. I can read 99% of it.

Dave I'd like to know what part of the world you are in, just to satisfy my curiosity.
03-17-2007, 01:40 AM   #11
Forum Member

All good, Dave sent me the jpg of the scan. I can read 99% of it.

Dave I'd like to know what part of the world you are in, just to satisfy my curiosity.
Arpe,

Im in South Australia.

Dave
03-17-2007, 01:49 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
damn!, I had some romantic notion of someone helping me from the other side of the world!