Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2008, 07:03 AM   #1

Most expensive takumar 135/3.5

Check this out:

eBay Store: Search results for vintage.

12-20-2008, 07:15 AM   #2
Banned

that lens has been re-listed at least five times. I contacted the seller and explained that the lens isn't worth that money, and urged them to sell the lens at market value, not trying to sucker someone. I think my last message to them was "kudos to you if you have no problem taking advantage of people who may not know better, and actually sell the lens..." their response was "thanks." the seller knows the lens isn't worth that money, and they do not care. its pathetic, but so far nobody has bought it. which is a good thing. the lens as it is, is worth 50-70 USD. the 135 3.5 is a very common lens, in fact right alongside the 50 1.4 it likely the most commonly sold Takumar. you can clearly see they are purposely overpricing, as its quite ridiculous to charge 119 USD for a lens hood. they also frequently use the term 'rare', which is untrue in all of their Takumar listings. its sad that people do these type of things, but I guess they have a right to sell it at whatever price they choose.
12-20-2008, 07:30 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When the MS cashback comes to Canada and goes to 80% rebates. I'll grab it and the hood. This has to be one of the worst rip off listings I've ever seen.
12-20-2008, 07:48 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Theory

I see this all the time on ebay... stuff being posted and *purchased* for amazingly stupid amounts of money.

I've commented on this elsewhere in this forum... I'm not a "black helicopter" type of guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a method of moving small but significant amounts of money internationally by people with an interest in keeping low on the radar.

500 here, 700 there ... with a handful of different ebay and paypal accounts you could move 10 grand into a foreign country without trouble in just a couple of weeks. And as an "ebay purchase" it might not get flagged by Paypal's system for unusual activity.

Maybe not drugs ... that requires really big amounts of money... but maybe some sleeper cell that just needs enough to pay the rent and buy food until ....???

Ahh... enough of the ghost stories around the campfire.... its just some dolt who thinks their old lens is a down payment on a new car!

germar

12-20-2008, 07:52 AM   #5
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
I see this all the time on ebay... stuff being posted and *purchased* for amazingly stupid amounts of money.

I've commented on this elsewhere in this forum... I'm not a "black helicopter" type of guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a method of moving small but significant amounts of money internationally by people with an interest in keeping low on the radar.

500 here, 700 there ... with a handful of different ebay and paypal accounts you could move 10 grand into a foreign country without trouble in just a couple of weeks. And as an "ebay purchase" it might not get flagged by Paypal's system for unusual activity.

Maybe not drugs ... that requires really big amounts of money... but maybe some sleeper cell that just needs enough to pay the rent and buy food until ....???

Ahh... enough of the ghost stories around the campfire.... its just some dolt who thinks their old lens is a down payment on a new car!

germar
but the lens hasn't sold, at all. I know I've been watching it for a while now.
12-20-2008, 07:53 AM   #6
pdo

I just make an offer of $20. Do you think he'll sell it at that price? Even the shipping price ($29.00) is ridiculous. I can never sleeps sound robbing people like that.