Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2022, 04:38 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pearl.ish Quote
Which 40mm f2.8 Limted should I buy for my K3?

Does anyone own both?

Is there any noticeable difference in image quality?

Can the first version handle higher megapixel cameras? (I really like the green accents to match my K3, but if the new coatings take better photos that is more important to me)

Are there any non-obvious differences between the two versions?

Will Pentax ever release a WR version?

These are my questions...
If were to buy mine over again now, I would get the latest HD version. This new coating reduces possibility of flair, improves sharpness and contrast. There are some comparative tests run in the lens reviews section.

Not likely a WR version will come. Only Limited having this is the DA 20-40mm zoom lens.

Last edited by mikesbike; 08-22-2022 at 04:55 PM.
08-22-2022, 04:47 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian At Large
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, let me know if you want to sell your Limited...
My copy is in good working order but not the prettiest anymore, I keep it for the image quality and compact size, but also because it has a 49mm filter ring for times when I want compactness and image quality with a CPL.

QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
Why is that?
I would also like to know why.
IT may be subjective, but I think the XS renders very nicely in many varying situations, it's often on my camera for weeks at a time as a walk-around lens, but I've produced some nice informal portraits with it as well.