Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #1

Hanimex 28mm Automatic MC

Hi,

Im just wondering if anybody knows what mount this lens uses and if it will fit a pentax?

I've got some pictures but unfortunately I don't own the lens yet therefore i didn't take the pictures so they are not very helpful

Just to add it says: "Bayonet type fitting"

Thanks

Samuel

Attached Images

Last edited by sampbar; 12-20-2008 at 02:08 PM.
12-20-2008, 07:25 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I could be wrong but think that the MC means it is a Minolta mount. Don't think it's going to like Pentax cameras.
12-21-2008, 02:16 AM   #3

Original Poster
OK, I will soon find out, decided to get it as a Christmas present for myself at £5.99 I really can't complain if i have to put it on ebay. I though MC might stand for the coating on the lens maybe "multi coat?" but im not sure.

Thanks!

Samuel
12-21-2008, 05:58 AM   #4
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
with the lens cap on, it can be any fitting.
good luck and let us know
BR

12-21-2008, 08:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe the MC on the front means Multi Coated..Try looking at the back of the lens, take off the rear cap, and look back there, if it has PK or P/K stamped back there, it is a Pentax K mount, and you can mount that puppy on your camera !!
12-21-2008, 08:54 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Samp, you in Australia?

Hanimex was an Australian camera gear import company. Name's from the founder's last name "Hannes", Import" and "Export".

I actually have this lens, and it's not bad. Not great, either. A bit of noticeable barrel distortion on it, but I've yet to do any real measurebating with it.

It could have been made in Japan or Germany. It's a similar story to Vivitar; get various companies to make your lenses to your specs. Mine actually looks slightly different. Unlike Vivitar, I doubt Hanimex ever strived for excellence as Vivitar did.

It could be in any bayonet-type mount from the end of WWII to the early eighties - Minolta, Nikon, Pentax, OM.

I wouldn't pay more than about $12-$15AU for this lens, but I'm notoriously cheap.
12-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #7

Original Poster
Stratman: I don't actually have the lens, its being sold by a charity shop online and all i have to go on was those two photos. So i was just seeing if anybody had the same lens really so we could compare fronts!

Lithos: Nope im in the UK, its actually being sold by Oxfam online so maybe one of you from Oz has moved here and decided they don't want it anymore! I payed £5.99 for it (not sure what the conversion is) so not a huge amount. If you could upload or Pm me a picture of the front so that we can compare that would be helpful! Thanks

01-29-2009, 12:23 AM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by sampbar Quote
Stratman: I don't actually have the lens, its being sold by a charity shop online and all i have to go on was those two photos. So i was just seeing if anybody had the same lens really so we could compare fronts!

Lithos: Nope im in the UK, its actually being sold by Oxfam online so maybe one of you from Oz has moved here and decided they don't want it anymore! I payed £5.99 for it (not sure what the conversion is) so not a huge amount. If you could upload or Pm me a picture of the front so that we can compare that would be helpful! Thanks
So did you had the chance to test it out, was it for pentax ???

Reason i am bringing back the old thread back is because i got same lens from ebay for $9 delivered. The only reason i got it is because i needed the case for my 50mm 1.4 and looks like the case will be a good fit but don`t know if the lens is any good or not.

hoping to hear from u soon.

Thanks