Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2022, 08:16 AM   #1

Help identifying this lens mount?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi all,

I’m looking to invest in a macro lens for scanning 6x6 B&W negatives with my Canon EOS 60D camera. (I also wouldn’t mind using one for some
macro shots with my Pentax ME Super.)

Having looked around I’ve seen that the Vivitar 55mm f/2.8 Auto Macro lens looks like a good option for both, although I’m open to other suggestions.

I’ve found one of these Vivitars on eBay but the seller isn’t 100% certain what lens mount it has. Can anyone chime in and help identify the lens mount from the photos?

Vivitar 55mm 1:2.8 Macro Lens with Pentax K Mount and Case VGC Film Camera | eBay

Obviously I’ll need an adaptor to make the lens compatible with my Canon 60D.

Thanks!

12-18-2022, 09:01 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
That is a Nikon AI mount, not a Pentax K mount. One of the photos shows Nikon AI on the lens barrel.
12-18-2022, 09:27 AM   #3
Pentaxian

For scanning 6x6cm onto APS-C, the Tamron Adaptall-2 90mm f/2.5 will do the job, just make sure you get the correct mount for your camera.
The Industar N-61 L/Z 50mm f/2.8 (not L/D or other suffix) can be found in M42, which will adapt easily to most cameras.
Most any "nifty-50" standard 50mm lens with an appropriate extension tube (12mm) will probably work ... on a Pentax, even the ubiquitous 18-55mm "kit" lens will cover 6x6cm with no problem.
12-18-2022, 12:35 PM   #4
Pentaxian

This lens also has, quite plainly in the first photo and several of the others, the Nikon 'Rabbit Ears' for meter coupling.

12-18-2022, 04:56 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
This lens also has, quite plainly in the first photo and several of the others, the Nikon 'Rabbit Ears' for meter coupling.
Great, thanks for the tip about the Nikon. I’ve never handled their lenses before, so all new to me.