Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
Forum Member

k10d sensor shaking like mad

has anyone experienced this...my sensor shakes right after every short exposure. it also shakes DURING every exposure of more than 1/10 sec. it goes nonstop when i hold the shutter open set on B.... Actually, it may be shaking during short exposures as well- just to fast to see.

the camera recieved a minor blow whn drunk uncle dropped it - i plan on sending it to pentax for service and wondered if anyone has seen this, experienced it and if so, how much i can anticipate billing his sorry ass...

12-27-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
How do you know it is "shaking"? Are you hearing a noise? And is it possible this noise is simply the shake *reduction* feature, which does indeed move the sensor to *counteract* the shake of the camera?
12-28-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by occhicone98 Quote
has anyone experienced this...my sensor shakes right after every short exposure. it also shakes DURING every exposure of more than 1/10 sec. it goes nonstop when i hold the shutter open set on B.... Actually, it may be shaking during short exposures as well- just to fast to see.

the camera recieved a minor blow whn drunk uncle dropped it - i plan on sending it to pentax for service and wondered if anyone has seen this, experienced it and if so, how much i can anticipate billing his sorry ass...
I haven't experienced this, thank goodness. Mine makes a shaking noise when I turn it on, but that is the dust removal feature doing its thing. Good luck.