Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2023, 06:45 PM   #1

Fujinon f1.8 55mm repair focus

Hello I need some help fixing my Fujinon lense. I cannot take it appart. The focus ring is loose and I can't expand the helioid. I can't find anything online about how to take a part of this lens. Any advice would be appreciated.

02-26-2023, 06:53 PM   #2

Original Poster
Please see the attached pictures.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G781V  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-G781V  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-G781V  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-G781V  Photo 
02-27-2023, 09:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by krilun Quote
Hello I need some help fixing my Fujinon lense. I cannot take it appart. The focus ring is loose and I can't expand the helioid. I can't find anything online about how to take a part of this lens. Any advice would be appreciated.
Welcome, krilun. The inside of my Fujinon 55 f/1.8 doesn't look the same as yours. But I'll describe how to loosen or tighten the focus ring on my lens in case it may be helpful.

First, use a friction tool to remove the lens name ring / bezel.
Next, use a lens spanner to remove the front elements group.
Now three screws can be loosened to detach the upper barrel / filter ring.

" target="_blank">

When the upper barrel piece is removed, now four screws are accessible which attach the focus ring to the brass focus helicoid. Each screw has a small washer - be careful not to lose them.
(Just rotate the outer focus ring to uncover the hidden screw.)

" target="_blank">

" target="_blank">

Last edited by .a.t.; 02-27-2023 at 10:04 PM.
02-28-2023, 06:32 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your reply! I've managed to get the name ring off, however I don't see any screws. Nothing is moving when I am trying to twist anything off...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G781V  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-G781V  Photo 
02-28-2023, 11:11 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by krilun Quote
Thank you so much for your reply! I've managed to get the name ring off, however I don't see any screws. Nothing is moving when I am trying to twist anything off...

You're welcome! Hmm. I would've suggested trying to unscrew the upper barrel by hand, but you've probably already tried that.

I wonder if your lens is missing some pieces? Or maybe it's built differently from mine?
Was yours intact and functioning before you took it apart?

When I run into a roadblock while working on a lens, I look for anything that might come loose and just proceed by trial and error.
Have you tried removing the bottom end of your lens? My copy has three screws in the depth of field scale piece which secure the bottom end. It appears in your photo that those screws in your lens have been removed?

I can take more photos of my lens if that would help.
03-01-2023, 02:33 AM   #6
Forum Member

Maybe this helps?

? FUJI PHOTO FILM CO. (??????)?FUJINON 55mm/f1.8??????M42?
03-01-2023, 04:38 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by .a.t. Quote
You're welcome! Hmm. I would've suggested trying to unscrew the upper barrel by hand, but you've probably already tried that.

I wonder if your lens is missing some pieces? Or maybe it's built differently from mine?
Was yours intact and functioning before you took it apart?

When I run into a roadblock while working on a lens, I look for anything that might come loose and just proceed by trial and error.
Have you tried removing the bottom end of your lens? My copy has three screws in the depth of field scale piece which secure the bottom end. It appears in your photo that those screws in your lens have been removed?

I can take more photos of my lens if that would help.
Yes, I've tried to unscrew the top. I've taken off everything that I could get my hands on. The lens came with the Fuji ST701 camera. I got it from Goodwill. At first the focus ring wouldn't move at all, but after I tried a little harder it became completely lose. I don't think that there are any parts missing. Thanks again for your reply!

---------- Post added 03-01-23 at 05:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Regentag Quote
Thank you, I've looked through the pictures in the post, but I haven't had any luck yet.

---------- Post added 03-01-23 at 05:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Regentag Quote
Thank you, I've looked through the pictures in the post, but I haven't had any luck yet.