Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2009, 07:14 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Indeed a very interesting Thread.
I'm afraid I'd have to be somewhat of a spoil sport: my favourite lens depends on what I'm after. For me, the principle asset of the slr is to be able to pick the "right" lens for the "job" at hand.
So, the question would translate into 'What's your favourite subject?'
The answer would then be: landscape.
But as it has already been pointed out by so many: there isn't a landscape lens .
So, if one would still insist in having me pick 1 lens, then I would revert to my film days and translate the phrase "Give me a fast 50 and I'll capture the world" into the APSC version "Give me a fast 30-something and I'll capture the world".
So the FA31 Ltd for me.
And the moment I say it, I already miss all the other lenses .

01-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #77
Forum Member

I havent owned or tried enough lenses to give a meaningful reply.... so heres a totally meaningless reply. The DA* 16-50 gets my vote.. love it.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, lens, pentax, pentax lens, slr lens, time