Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2008, 04:57 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Need help regarding Sigma lens..

I had a Pentax MZ50 which came with 2 Sgma lenses 28-80 & 100-300 Auto and Manual focus. Now that the camera is broken and I dont want to spen a dime to fix it, I was wondering which DSLR would be compatible with the 2 lens that I have. Is there anyway that I can use these lens or is it that they are worthless now?.

Would appreciate if any of you have any suggestions on this. Thank you.

Suresh

12-31-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by suresh Quote
I had a Pentax MZ50 which came with 2 Sgma lenses 28-80 & 100-300 Auto and Manual focus. Now that the camera is broken and I dont want to spen a dime to fix it, I was wondering which DSLR would be compatible with the 2 lens that I have. Is there anyway that I can use these lens or is it that they are worthless now?.

Would appreciate if any of you have any suggestions on this. Thank you.

Suresh
The entire Pentax dslr line-up will be compatible with them, and now you will have shake reduction to go with them.
12-31-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
lens issues

Suresh, if these lens worked on a Pentax they will work on all Pentax.
But some functions may not work with some new era Digital cams, read the user's manual of the new Pentax.
Kris
12-31-2008, 10:45 AM   #4

Aperture ring won't work on modern bodies, you'll have to use A-position and control aperture from the camera. 28-80 is not very good range for cropped bodies (too narrow, you'll practically lose wide angle), but it'll work fine.

12-31-2008, 10:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mut@NT Quote
Aperture ring won't work on modern bodies
Hmmm... I am able to use the Aperture ring on my K100D Super and I had thought that you could enable the use of the ring through custom settings. However the ring would only work in M settings not in any of the "auto" modes.