Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Park City, Utah
Posts: 208
TC For DA* lenses?

Does anyone know when Pentax is suppose to come out with the TC 1.4 for DA* lenses?
I just got the 300mm DA* and need a little more reach. What other options are there or should I just wait?
Thanks

12-31-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
dadipentak's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,238
My Tamron 1.4x TC works with my DA* 300mm. I haven't done any serious evaluation of results, though. The question is whether the results are sharper than "digital zoom by cropping"
12-31-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
Pentaxian
rvannatta's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Apiary, Oregon
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,176
QuoteOriginally posted by kuau Quote
Does anyone know when Pentax is suppose to come out with the TC 1.4 for DA* lenses?
I just got the 300mm DA* and need a little more reach. What other options are there or should I just wait?
Thanks
I'd wait. One of the good things about the DA* is the SDM and if you don't match it with an SDM TC you have defeated a good reasaon for purchasing that lens.
01-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member
palmor's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 798
There are a couple of TCs that will work with the DA* lenses but I don't think either is in production (can only find them used). I have one of them, the older non DG version of the Kenko 1.5x TC. The IQ with the DA* is good, although it will hunt in low lighting conditions (no surprise there).

Here is a link to some shots I took with it recently, in that thread there is a link to the what the Kenko TC looks like.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/44803-da-300-kenko-1-5xt...der-shots.html


All that being said, if the new Pentax TC is weather sealed and is at least as good as the Kenko IQ wise I'll be picking that up.


John

01-02-2009, 03:40 AM   #5
Veteran Member
danielchtong's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 801
QuoteOriginally posted by palmor Quote
There are a couple of TCs that will work with the DA* lenses but I don't think either is in production (can only find them used). I have one of them, the older non DG version of the Kenko 1.5x TC. The IQ with the DA* is good, although it will hunt in low lighting conditions (no surprise there).

Here is a link to some shots I took with it recently, in that thread there is a link to the what the Kenko TC looks like.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/44803-da-300-kenko-1-5xt...der-shots.html


All that being said, if the new Pentax TC is weather sealed and is at least as good as the Kenko IQ wise I'll be picking that up.


John

I can also confirm that Kenko 1.5x also works on the AF and SDM of my DA200mm

I am not a TC person of the 200mm as I have A300mmF4.

Here is an image of the 1,5x with DA200mm








Daniel
01-02-2009, 06:42 AM   #6
Veteran Member
borno's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: md-usa
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,580
Just to add a little confusion, I have the da 300mm and the kenko 1.5x shq pz (non dg) and the focus goes back and forth so much I don't use it though the IQ is pretty good. I don't want to screw up the focus motor. the pentax 1.7x afa works great if you can find one, but they are pricey and you prefocus a bit to use it. I would try another kenko if I knew it would work, maybe mine is wonky. Too bad we can't switch to screw drive in the menu (if it would make any difference) I hope the new pentax TC doesn't take as long as the 60-250mm
01-02-2009, 08:46 AM   #7
Veteran Member
danielchtong's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 801
QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
Just to add a little confusion, I have the da 300mm and the kenko 1.5x shq pz (non dg) and the focus goes back and forth so much I don't use it though the IQ is pretty good. I don't want to screw up the focus motor. the pentax 1.7x afa works great if you can find one, but they are pricey and you prefocus a bit to use it. I would try another kenko if I knew it would work, maybe mine is wonky. Too bad we can't switch to screw drive in the menu (if it would make any difference) I hope the new pentax TC doesn't take as long as the 60-250mm
I love to try out the TC with DA300mmF4. Given the limitation of light (F2.8 vs F4), I am not surprised with your report.

Make sure you test that in very good light. The SDM and AF should work

Daniel
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
da*, k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens, tc
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Km and old manual lenses: SMC Takumars & Tamron Adaptall 2 lenses Kendrick Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 10 04-14-2010 03:23 AM
For Sale - Sold: Yard sale: M lenses, K 300mm, DA 14mm, ME film body, Nikkor lenses and more Nachodog Sold Items 24 12-26-2009 12:03 AM
For Sale - Sold: Lenses, lenses, lenses... and a flash! pbo Sold Items 18 05-28-2009 04:35 PM
For Sale - Sold: M42 / K / KA / FA Lenses Grab bag of Vintage to Current lenses. 50mm FA f/1.4 MikeDubU Sold Items 10 02-09-2009 12:45 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:28 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top