Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2009, 11:42 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This lens is also very compact for what it can do...

01-08-2009, 12:02 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TourDeForce Quote
What's wrong with that? You get the 'look' and fuel efficiency too.

Admittedly, I was of that mindset when I was younger. Now that I'm older & wiser, I wouldn't have a Camaro - no matter what engine was in it.

The kit lens is by no means useless - especially the Mk II. It covers a very useful range, produces wonderful color, and though you can't cut your steak with the sharpness, it is a great lens for the dive into the world of Pentax DSLRs.

Great if you got the money for that. Some of us don't. Fortunately for me, I had some old Pentax manual glass that I could put to use.

Been shown many times over on this very site - You don't need fantastic lenses to take great photographs. A great lens will give you technically good pictures, but a great photograph comes from the mind & eye behind the viewfinder.

If you must have the best in camera & lens to get good pictures, this may not be the hobby for YOU.
I don't argue any of your points (except the Camaro), however, all mine are still valid. And I don't have the greatest glass.
01-08-2009, 12:08 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I guess that means I am cheap or at least low class. In fact, I guess I am particularly low class since what I have spent on lenses in the last 40 years is less than the price of a new FA 31/1.8 Limited. (Owning a "*" or limited lens being the ticket to the upper realms...)

Now that I am properly identified as cheap, low class, and possibly stupid;
Steve

(Not really taking offense...just very fond of my cheap plastic kit lens...)
No offense intended. I just can't see that combination. No Limited or DA* s here, though.
01-08-2009, 01:49 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I'm sorry im cheap, low class, and possibly stupid too

But i'm a poor uni student with limited funds... although people would argue "You should've bought a K200D" or whatever but i plan on keeping my K20D for years and years.... so i'll eventually amass a good collection of lenses (hopefully)