Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-15-2023, 03:58 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax smc DFA 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens

Hi, I've been using this lens on my K7 for several years and, aside from minor AF hunting niggles it's been absolutely great. It suddenly occurred to me that, as it's a full frame lens, I should be able to use it on other full frame bodies. Are there any constraints on using it elsewhere, via an adapter of course, and would an ordinary PK to x adapter work - again, assuming manual focus and manual exposure? I guess I'm asking if an ordinary "dumb" PK adapter will work with this KAF2 mount lens or could it cause a problem? Example, I have a PK to L-mount adapter for my Lumix S5 - is it fair game to use this for this lens?
Thanks.

05-15-2023, 05:05 PM - 1 Like   #2

Since the lens has an aperture ring it should not be a problem unless the adapter won't allow the lens to stop down.
05-15-2023, 08:33 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clivebennett Quote
Hi, I've been using this lens on my K7 for several years and, aside from minor AF hunting niggles it's been absolutely great. It suddenly occurred to me that, as it's a full frame lens, I should be able to use it on other full frame bodies. Are there any constraints on using it elsewhere, via an adapter of course, and would an ordinary PK to x adapter work - again, assuming manual focus and manual exposure? I guess I'm asking if an ordinary "dumb" PK adapter will work with this KAF2 mount lens or could it cause a problem? Example, I have a PK to L-mount adapter for my Lumix S5 - is it fair game to use this for this lens?
Thanks.
Should work fine. Focus wide open, Meter stopped down.
05-16-2023, 02:19 AM - 1 Like   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by clivebennett Quote
Thanks.
There's also the Monster-adapter which allows full functionality (incl. AF) of a variety of Pentax-lenses on selected Sony cameras. I believe the adapter can only be ordered at a few select overseas locations, no European distributor as of yet.

05-17-2023, 01:27 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Since the lens has an aperture ring it should not be a problem unless the adapter won't allow the lens to stop down.
Thanks very much to everyone for that advice.