Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 21 Likes Search this Thread
05-28-2023, 07:51 AM   #16
Pentaxian

My first SMC DA 70mm, many years ago, had a problem whereby the focusing ring would get stuck and couldn't be moved manually (a problem with the quick-shift I imagine) and I had to return it. A few years later I bought another copy (used) and have been very happy with it ever since.

Don't get stuck with bad or damaged items but a good copy of this lens is very nice.

05-28-2023, 06:28 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have the SMC version, and it is beyond reproach. All lenses I have purchased from CRK have been pristine, and their repair service has been excellent.
05-29-2023, 01:54 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I’m not seeing this listed as dcexpert, and the seller has a 100% rating. I’ve asked them for images of the optics.

---------- Post added 05-28-23 at 08:49 AM ----------

I already own a copy of this lens but now I’m curious.
I'd think it would have to be part of CRK unless they palmed the lens off, would be interesting to see if it ships straight from CRK.
This is how the box looked when I got it, it was well packaged and arrived overnight as always from CRK.

Is there any way to tell who owns and Ebay store?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 7 Pro  Photo 
05-29-2023, 07:10 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ubernoob Quote
I'd think it would have to be part of CRK unless they palmed the lens off, would be interesting to see if it ships straight from CRK.
This is how the box looked when I got it, it was well packaged and arrived overnight as always from CRK.

Is there any way to tell who owns and Ebay store?
Just ask. Send the seller a message.

05-29-2023, 12:21 PM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

CRK do not run an eBay store as such, however dcexpert is really their eBay store!!! I know it seems strange today but back when products were distributed to dealers from a wholesaler such as CRK, in order not to annoy the dealers by competing directly for sales, they started to use dcexpert branding on eBay but would always have prices as list. Over time the sales model has changed to direct to consumer, skipping the dealers, now they are in fact the main way to purchase stock in Australia. Times change and so does marketing and sales, not unethical, just moving with the times. I have purchased from them and had nothing but good results with their sales and service over the years. Sorry to hear you had an unsatisfactory experience with them.
05-29-2023, 12:43 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
CRK do not run an eBay store as such, however dcexpert is really their eBay store!!! I know it seems strange today but back when products were distributed to dealers from a wholesaler such as CRK, in order not to annoy the dealers by competing directly for sales, they started to use dcexpert branding on eBay but would always have prices as list. Over time the sales model has changed to direct to consumer, skipping the dealers, now they are in fact the main way to purchase stock in Australia. Times change and so does marketing and sales, not unethical, just moving with the times. I have purchased from them and had nothing but good results with their sales and service over the years. Sorry to hear you had an unsatisfactory experience with them.
I’m confused. Why are we talking about dcexpert in the first place? The person selling this is surveysuppliesau.
05-29-2023, 12:53 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

I’m confused. Why are we talking about dcexpert in the first place? The person selling this is surveysuppliesau.
Ahh . yes I was responding about dcexpert in answer to his question, survey supplies is their other eBay name, used for mostly returns, discontinued and sample products. CRK also distribute Sigma, Leica, Hasselblad, DJI etc in our market ( Joys of living in a small population)

05-29-2023, 12:57 PM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Ahh . yes I was responding about dcexpert in answer to his question, survey supplies is their other eBay name, used for mostly returns, discontinued and sample products. CRK also distribute Sigma, Leica, Hasselblad, DJI etc in our market ( Joys of living in a small population)
Gotcha.

I think the op’s point is that he informed them of optical issues and they aren’t disclosing it in the ebay ad. I messaged asking for images of the optics but I haven’t heard back - it is a holiday weekend however at least here and maybe that’s delayed the response. I’m hoping this was a simple oversight.
06-01-2023, 01:10 AM - 3 Likes   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

Gotcha.

I think the op’s point is that he informed them of optical issues and they aren’t disclosing it in the ebay ad. I messaged asking for images of the optics but I haven’t heard back - it is a holiday weekend however at least here and maybe that’s delayed the response. I’m hoping this was a simple oversight.
Well the latest update is that I have just received the lens, it shows no signs of any optical imperfections and I believe I have a bargain of a purchase. New cost here is more than 3 times what I paid, so it fits my bargain category. It also came well packaged as all of my other purchases from CRK of new products have been. I had put this eBay listing on my watchlist before this thread began and was a little surprised by the OP's experience. Perhaps they had it repaired when he sent it back, but it did come with the full 12 month manufacturer's warranty here in Australia so I figured my risk level was fairly low. I also have the SMC version of this lens and am looking forward to testing out how much of a difference the HD coating makes to the lens. My next job is to work out which of the season profiles I can now unlock when using this lens, hopefully it will be the Winter profile as that is the season we are just beginning here.

Last edited by garywakeling; 06-01-2023 at 01:12 AM. Reason: picture added
06-01-2023, 03:18 AM   #25

Original Poster
Nice one! Hopefully they have had it cleaned.

I didn't notice anything except a pretty big bit of dust(?) until I mounted it to the camera, then all the weird little spots showed up.
06-01-2023, 03:26 AM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ubernoob Quote
Nice one! Hopefully they have had it cleaned.

I didn't notice anything except a pretty big bit of dust(?) until I mounted it to the camera, then all the weird little spots showed up.
Well at least I went in with eyes open, thanks for the heads up
06-01-2023, 08:44 PM - 3 Likes   #27
Loyal Site Supporter

Today , I had some fun with the new(ish) lens
14 shot stitch

and a mono conversion