Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Zenitar M42 tilt & shift lens

Does anyone have any experience with one of these lenses? They've recently become available with a K mount.

CN

01-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clem Nichols Quote
Does anyone have any experience with one of these lenses? They've recently become available with a K mount.

CN
There is no Zenitar Tilt & Shift lens (I just checked Krasnogorrsky Zavod's website). Arax makes some nice lenses with a tilt & shift mechanism similar to the one one Canon lenses. These ukrainian lenses are also sold by other online resellers (Rugift...).

I have the Arax 35/2.8 Tilt&Shift lens. It is quite good, but doesn't anymore offer such a good value for money because the price has more than doubled in the last two years.

Here are links to previous threads with samples taken with this lens:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/1627-tilt-shift-pentax.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/21389-whats-yo...ns-pentax.html

Cheers!

Abbazz
01-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I had googled Zenitar tilt & shift, and came up with the Rugift web site. Thanks for the links.

CN
01-04-2009, 06:41 AM   #4

You're talking about this lens?

01-04-2009, 06:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mabelsound Quote
You're talking about this lens?
Either that or the less expensive 80mm one at the bottom of the page.

CN
01-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clem Nichols Quote
Either that or the less expensive 80mm one at the bottom of the page.

CN
That is the Arax lens mentioned above.

I am not sure, but the Arax may be the same thing as the better-known Arsat. The Arsat is manufactured in the Ukraine at the Arsenal lens works and is pretty well regarded.

Steve
01-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That is the Arax lens mentioned above.

I am not sure, but the Arax may be the same thing as the better-known Arsat. The Arsat is manufactured in the Ukraine at the Arsenal lens works and is pretty well regarded.

Steve
All these Ukrainian lenses originate from 4.5x6 lenses made at the Arsenal factory in Kiev, Ukraina. Several models were adapted as shift lenses for 24x36 cameras, either in M42 or Nikon mount (for the Kiev-17/18/19): MIR-67, MIR-67N, Arsat-N. They are still sold under the Arsat brand, but with shift control only (no tilt).

Then the Arax company in Ukraina adapted the lenses with tilt & shift mechanisms that were copied from the Canon tilt & shift lenses. Hartblei also adapted the same lenses with an original mechanism (Super-Rotator).

Cheers!

Abbazz

01-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Abbazz Quote
All these Ukrainian lenses originate from 4.5x6 lenses made at the Arsenal factory in Kiev, Ukraina. Several models were adapted as shift lenses for 24x36 cameras, either in M42 or Nikon mount (for the Kiev-17/18/19): MIR-67, MIR-67N, Arsat-N. They are still sold under the Arsat brand, but with shift control only (no tilt).

Then the Arax company in Ukraina adapted the lenses with tilt & shift mechanisms that were copied from the Canon tilt & shift lenses. Hartblei also adapted the same lenses with an original mechanism (Super-Rotator).

Cheers!

Abbazz
Ahhhh! Thanks for mentioning the Hartblei! I knew there was another product derived from the Arsat, but I could not remember the name.

Here is a link to the Hartblei version of the 35mm T&S:
HARTBLEI 35mm Super-Rotator Tilt Shift Lens | HARTBLEI
Steve