Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
01-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #46
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks! Lens list updated.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Are there any real differences between Sigma EX DG lenses vs Sigma EX lenses? I have both 105mm and 50mm 1:2.8 Marco lenses in the EX but NOT the EX DG versions that are currently in the database.
01-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #48
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
I can't be sure about the 50mm version but the 105mm which I have (non - DG) has one slight difference. This used to listed on the Sigma web site but It's not there now. The DG was said to have a 'floating' element that would make the lens sharper when used as a telephoto.

The nature of a dedicated macro lens makes it sharpest at the close up ranges. It may have a bit more difficulty keeping that sharpness at infinity. Mine is great at both and I can't see any issues with it as a mid telephoto. I've used it for lots of stuff from a sunset to a portrait lens. Sharp as a tack.

The DG designation is "made for digital" and designed to correct for CA's. Again mine shows no issue with this at either end of the range.

From the Sigma web site:
DG: The most suitable lenses for 35mm film single-lens reflex cameras, as well as for digital SLR cameras. Sigma's development of the DG (Digital) range of lenses has concentrated on the correction of distortion and aberrations. Magnification of chromatic aberration is particularly conspicuous with digital cameras. The optical designs and cutting-edge technology incorporated by Sigma eliminate flare and ghosting from te image sensor and create excellent color balance. Vignetting is minimized whilst marginal illumination is ensured. These high performance lenses are equally suited for digital and analogue cameras.
01-06-2009, 11:38 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
Our hope was to create the best Pentax resource section on the net. If you have a photo of a Pentax lens that is missing, You can attach a picture(s) of your lens to this thread, or put it in the gallery and send Adam or myself a Pm with the link to the lens. We'll update the Pentax section for you and then you can remove the lens photo from your gallery. If it's a 3rd party lens, you can upload a good quality image yourself directly or even create a new listing. Peter Zack
Wow! Thanks Peter for re-invigorating our awesome lens database. This is a great resource, which your thread is making even better.

When Peter talks, people listen.

01-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #50
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Added the image to the first one! Thanks!

By the way, the listing which is yours should have an "edit product" link.
Hi Adam,
any specific reason why Sig 10-20 and Tokina 28 pics haven't been uploaded? I provided link earlier in the thread where I posted pics for both. If it's quality issue, just let me know, I'm happy to reshoot them....
BR
Peter
01-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #51

Here comes two photos of Pentax SMC-F 70-200 mm f/4-5.6 which seems to be little of a "ghost" within the pentax world...=)

Anyway, here it is!
Attached Images

01-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #52
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've now added the photo to the database! This lens is not SMC, however. It is the Pentax-F 70-200mm, a cheaper version of the SMC Pentax-F 70-210mm, F4-5.6.

Pentax Lens Review Database - 70-200mm F4-5.6

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #53

pictures of MF tamron adaptall 90mm macro 2.8

here is a picture of my tamron adaptall 90mm macro 2.8 1:1

here is the review listing
PentaxForums.com Third-Party Pentax Lens Review Database - MF SP 90mm F/2.8 MACRO 1:1
Attached Images

01-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #54
Pentaxian

Photos of Sigma 28mm f/1.8 EX DG

Here are two photos of my Sigma 28mm f/1.8 EX DG for this database entry: PentaxForums.com Third-Party Pentax Lens Review Database - 28mm F1.8 EX DG ASPHERICAL MACRO (AF Lens)

I hope these are useful.

I've added an entry for the Soligor C/D 4 2x Auto Teleconverter, P/KA + R/XR (at PentaxForums.com Third-Party Pentax Lens Review Database - C/D 4 2x Auto Teleconverter, P/KA + R/XR) but didn't follow up with a review since I don't have a comparison with other teleconverters. Perhaps someone has this converter too and could add a review.

P.S.: I'm expecting to receive more lenses in February and will provide photos as they arrive.

Last edited by Class A; 08-07-2010 at 09:21 AM.
01-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Here are 2 shots of the Vivitar 28-90 1:2.8-3.5 Series 1 There wasn't any in the review.

I also have a photo of the Ricoh "P" 105mm f 2.8 Which is the same as the Vivitar Series 1 and the Lester Dine versions if interested.

I also added the Ricoh "P" 70-210 f 3.9 to the reviews.
01-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #56
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Added the last 3 photos. Thanks!

Any more original Pentax lens photos are still welcome!

Adam

01-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Here's the Pentax K 80-200mm zoom I reviewed. Just figured out how to post pictures. (Not bright, sorry :-) It is basically the same lens as the M version. In fact I thought it was for the first 6 years I owned it. What was that about being not bright?

01-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #58
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Added that shot- thanks a lot!

K and M lenses are so similar I don't even know why they made two separate series. But, I guess the size was reducd somewhat...

Adam

01-10-2009, 04:39 AM   #59

Photos: Gallery
SMC Takumar 6x7 150mm F2.8

SMC Takumar 6x7 150mm F2.8

Name:  Takumar_6x7_150.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  118.5 KB
01-10-2009, 05:48 AM   #60

Here's a picture of the Pentax-F 28-80mm F3.5-4.5.
I saw that it was missing under: Home >> Pentax K-Mount Bayonet Lenses >> Other Pentax Bayonet Zooms

Enjoy!
Attached Images