Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
11-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #106
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've added your Leica photo, but I cannot seem to find either of the other two lenses in the database. If you have some extra time, please add these lenses to the 3rd party database, and then upload the photos.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #107
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I've added your Leica photo, but I cannot seem to find either of the other two lenses in the database. If you have some extra time, please add these lenses to the 3rd party database, and then upload the photos.
And please include a review and technical details. There are several lenses in the database that have a picture, but no data or review.

Steve
11-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #108

Photos: Gallery
ok; i will do something...but don't be hurry ;-) medecine studies takes a lot of time ;/
11-15-2009, 08:23 PM - 1 Like   #109
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by fourmiX Quote
ok; i will do something...but don't be hurry ;-) medecine studies takes a lot of time ;/
Thanks, and no rush!

Just added this gem to the lens db:

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-17-2009, 04:14 AM - 1 Like   #110
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Peter, Adam,
on our Dutch Pentax forum one of our members has this Takumar macro lens with two aperture rings. It is the Takumar 50mm F4 (1:1), but I did not see this one in the database.

Last edited by andre-mz5; 11-17-2009 at 04:14 AM. Reason: typo
05-04-2010, 01:10 AM   #111
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks for the contribution!

We'll have to add that lens to the DB entirely; once improvements are complete and the listings of screwmount lenses become exhaustive, we'll be sure to add those photos.

Adam

05-04-2010, 01:12 AM   #112
Administrator
Site Webmaster

BTW- we are still open to contributions of any missing of improved photos for lenses and accessories in any of our three major databases, as well as cameras in the camera DB (see related thread in DSLR discussion forum).

Adam

05-06-2010, 06:49 AM - 1 Like   #113
Veteran Member

I'm just another nut with mediocre talent and tastes. The past few months have been good to me and I have managed to add a few used lenses to my stock.
My point is that the forum is really a fantastic resource full of great people who continuously offer help and suggestions for many of us to help improve our photography. If, at times I can in any way help make contributions to this wonderful forum and start a constructive discussion or help illustrate opinions, maybe there is something I can add. I'm a bit of a fool most times but maybe someone will find my contributions of interest.
I listed a few lenses in the review section yesterday and have plans to add a couple more soon. My opinions on the lenses might be contrary with others but that should be expected. Varying degrees of opinions. A necessary part of the diverse lens data base. Let's help improve it!
05-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #114
Inactive Account

Here's two more you can add to the database (as I don't see photos of either on there right now). You may want to save them to your own server though as I can't guarantee the links to Photobucket will remain valid forever.

First is the 1957 Takumar 58mm f/2 (Sonnar design). An incredibly rare lens at the best of times, common wisdom says it was only available with a distance scale marked in feet *or* meters (market dependent) but mine has a dual scale to disprove this.

Second is the first (1964) version of the Super-Takumar 50/1.4. Another rare lens that was in production for only a few months, it differs from all the later 50/1.4's by employing an 8 element / 6 group design instead of the simplified 7/6 that replaced it. You can tell it apart from the later (1965) Super Takumar model by the protruding rear element, the switch marked A/M (instead of Auto/Manual) and the f/2 position is marked with a number rather than a dot. It's also slightly heavier but unless you had one in each hand that wouldn't show...

05-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #115
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've now added the photo of the 58mm lens. We'll add the information on the 50mm in addition to the photos shortly as well.

Thanks!

Adam

05-09-2010, 03:28 PM - 1 Like   #116
Inactive Account

You may want these as well while I think of it:

Optical formula 1957 Takumar 58mm f/2

Optical formula 1964 Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4

Notice the cemented triplet with curved surfaces in the Super-Tak - very difficult and expensive to manufacture and it's said Asahi lost money on every copy sold; hence it didn't last very long. This was meant as a Planar-killer and once its crown had been awarded by the press the simplified 7/6 version was quietly ushered in (before the 8/6 crippled Asahi's finances).
05-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #117
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks. I'm also attaching the other photo here so it doesn't go lost.

1964 version of 50mm /1.4 Takumar
Attached Images

Adam

05-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #118
Forum Member

I just took pictures of a few of my lenses earlier, but am not sure of the best way to "give" them to you all. Would it work if I linked them from my flickr account?
05-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #119
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yes, that would be perfect!

Adam

05-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #120
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks again for the useful info. The new entry has been created here: Pentax Lens Review and Specification Database - Super-Takumar 50mm F1.4 (Early)

+rep

Adam