Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
01-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Hapo Quote
Also, if you added a Rikenon XR (Ricoh) lens section, I could provide plenty of pictures and reviews.
Rikenons may be found here:
PentaxForums.com Third-Party Pentax Lens Review Database - Fixed Focal Lengths
and here:
PentaxForums.com Third-Party Pentax Lens Review Database - Zoom Lenses
Steve

(Why Zenitar and Quantaray got their own sections is anybody's guess...grumble, grumble...)

01-06-2009, 03:28 AM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
upload the photo on your own- the 3rd party database is designed to allow it.
How does one upload a lens photo to the 3rd party database? Can one do it even if one didn't create the entry?

I didn't find a clue when visiting the database.

I could contribute a number of lens photos but all I see is a "contact us" link; no procedure or instructions to upload one's own photos.
01-06-2009, 04:57 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Amazing how much progress a little awareness raising has done.
01-06-2009, 05:23 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Amazing how much progress a little awareness raising has done.
Admittedly I did notice that 3 of the ones I had didn't have pictures, and I always had intentions of asking, but always forgot after I was doing what I went out to do.

01-06-2009, 05:25 AM   #35
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
How does one upload a lens photo to the 3rd party database? Can one do it even if one didn't create the entry?

I didn't find a clue when visiting the database.

I could contribute a number of lens photos but all I see is a "contact us" link; no procedure or instructions to upload one's own photos.
If you are starting a new listing, You can upload several images of the lens you want to add plus any specs you have for that lens. if it's already in the DB, then post the pictures here for us to upload.

Thanks everyone. This is great and you'll see the pictures added over the next week or so to the DB.

Don't forget to post a review as well.
01-06-2009, 06:17 AM   #36
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've now uploaded all photos to this point in the thread; there were a few overlaps so I've excluded those, but saved them for possible later use.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-06-2009, 06:29 AM   #37
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Could not find listings for the 90mm Tokina Macro, or the 70-210mm Magnicon.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-06-2009, 06:35 AM   #38
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
For those that have 3rd party brand lenses that have no listing, Please take the image you have and create a new listing.

For the Tokina 90mm macro there is a Tokina section, so just start a new listing and upload your image.

For the Magnicon. It needs to go in the Miscellaneous Lenses section as there's no dedicated section for that.

Thanks everyone. It's really making a difference.
For the
01-06-2009, 06:52 AM   #39

A few more for the database

Auto Takumar 55mm f/2.2

Auto Takumar 200mm f/3.5

FISH-EYE-Takumar/6X7 35mm f/4.5

SMC TAKUMAR/6X7 105mm f/2.4

SMC PENTAX 67 LS 165mm f/4

SMC PENTAX 67 MACRO 135mm f/4

SMC TAKUMAR/6X7 55mm f/3.5

SMC TAKUMAR/6X7 200mm f/4

SMC TAKUMAR/6X7 300mm f/4

SMC PENTAX 67 75mm f/4.5

More to come, as I have tons of lenses not mentioned in the database.
Greetz,
Jan
01-06-2009, 06:54 AM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
For the Magnicon. It needs to go in the Miscellaneous Lenses section as there's no dedicated section for that.
I did notice that there was already a entry for the Magnicon, just no picture for it.
01-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #41
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'll upload all those 67 photos shortly.

As for the magnicon, I did not find the entry after searching. Could you link me please?

Adam

01-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #42
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The 6x7 images are now up- thanks for helping us make the medium format section more complete! And what a great collection of lenses you have!

Adam

01-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'll upload all those 67 photos shortly.

As for the magnicon, I did not find the entry after searching. Could you link me please?
I'm not sure what one of the 2 mine is, but I think it's the first one.

PentaxForums.com Third-Party Pentax Lens Review Database - 70-210mm f/4.5 (1989)

PentaxForums.com Third-Party Pentax Lens Review Database - 70-210mm f/4.5 (1992)
01-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #44
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Added the image to the first one! Thanks!

By the way, the listing which is yours should have an "edit product" link.

Adam

01-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here are a couple pictures of my K50/4 Macro.
Attached Images