Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2023, 06:48 AM   #91
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
I just mounted a Minolta MD 28 mm f/2 on my Pentax K3 III : EXCEPTIONAL !!
How did you accomplish mounting a Minolta onto a Pentax? Inquiring minds want to know!

11-23-2023, 01:28 PM   #92
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I found on eBay a FOTODIOX adapter permitting Minolta MD lenses to be used with a Pentax K camera body. It sports two or three glass elements to permit infinity focus. You use it in manual-focus and with closed diaphragm aperture auto-exposure in Av mode. Results seem to be very good up to now, though it makes optical defects of the lens used appear more clearly in the images.

Regards
11-23-2023, 05:11 PM   #93
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
I found on eBay a FOTODIOX adapter permitting Minolta MD lenses to be used with a Pentax K camera body. It sports two or three glass elements to permit infinity focus. You use it in manual-focus and with closed diaphragm aperture auto-exposure in Av mode. Results seem to be very good up to now, though it makes optical defects of the lens used appear more clearly in the images.

Regards
Interesting. I didn't know there was an adapter for Minolta to Pentax. Do you feel the additional optical elements degraded the normal Minolta lens image very much?

Your photos look great. Sharp, clear, in focus. And the aperture cannot be moved at all? Interesting. I guess the lens stops down to f22 or f16, so it would be a daytime lens, pretty much.
11-23-2023, 05:41 PM - 1 Like   #94
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The FOTODIOX adapter doesn't seem to degrade results much. There were no detectable effects on the 28 mm f/2 or on the 85 mm f/2 but the MD 50 mm f/2 seemed to suffer the most of soft corners. I think the lens is decentered and the adapter amplifies this defect. Late-model Minolta MD lenses all stop-down to f/22. The images I posted were taken @ f/8 or f/11. The 28 mm f/2 was very sharp overall starting @ f/4 on film with an X700. I have 25 other Minolta lenses from the MC 16 mm f/2.8 fisheye to the RF 500 mm f/8 mirror lens, I will try them during the winter, as time permits.

Regards

11-24-2023, 12:11 AM   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dfa 85 f1.4
11-24-2023, 11:31 AM   #96
Lev
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Next time you visit Saskatchewan look me up. I love that lens.
What a beautiful place, some day I hope
11-24-2023, 06:54 PM - 2 Likes   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think a Pentax branded shift lens. SMC Pentax 28mm F3.5 Shift. Always been curious.

11-25-2023, 07:38 AM   #98
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PKMike Quote
SMC Pentax 28mm F3.5 Shift. Always been curious.
Me too. I almost bought one in the PF Marketplace, but I had other non-photographic expenses with a higher priority. One day, perhaps . . .