Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2023, 08:41 PM   #16

I'm currently still new to film photography and been using the Pentax K1000. I really enjoying using it due to its simple fictionally

11-28-2023, 04:05 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
Hence the choice of the *istD ... it's got a penta-prism, (as does the *istDS) ... it's the *istDL2 (and probably others) that have penta-mirrors.
Having said that, I can't say I've noticed an issue ... maybe because I usually use these older bodies mostly in good light these days
Ah, didn't know that. The only *ist digital cameras I ever handled had a penta-mirror. Thanks for the correction.
11-28-2023, 12:19 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
"Going back to basics" can be a revelation
I've spent a lot of the last 12 months behind the viewfinder of one old film camera or another, exposing 40+ rolls of film in differing formats and enjoyed (almost) every exposure

From an Exa with (effectively) three shutter speeds and manual everything, through a Spotmatic with TTL metering to my *ist with auto everything, they all have one thing more or less in common ... each frame counts!

If I want a minimalist experience in digital, my *istD does a fairly good job, especially if I fit a manual lens
I haven't really shot film for quite a while, but run the odd roll through a body to make sure they still work. I've got a small collection of screw mount and K mount bodies, and one of my favourites is the tiny little Super Program. I do have my grandma's old K1000 too, along with my first camera, an SP1000 I got for Christmas (used) as a teenager. For a basic digital I like my K10D, especially with the micorprism focus screen and my old M28 f2.8.
Kristian
11-29-2023, 12:41 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Hello,

As a car guy, shade tree wrencher and photographer, that first picture is a winner!
The K1000 is a joy to use. Enjoy!

Thanks,
Ismael
As a car guy and professional automotive technician, (medically retired), I agree 100% with you. If I had the welding skills that he apparently has, (or sources out), that could have been something I would have tried years ago when my body and health were still good.