Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
Forum Member

Those who have both the DA35 and Voight 58...

Thinking about another lens purchase, the DA35 Ltd Macro and Voigtlander 58/1.4 are the top choices (along with a DA* 300 but ignore that for now).... so again a few questions.

I know the lenses are way different and serve different purposes, but I can see em both being fun to use. Im just wondering out of the people who now have both which do you actually *use* more? which stays on your camera more and which has taken the more stunning shots? If you had to sell/keep one which would it be?

01-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Totally different lenses with very different uses. I just got the 58, but have had the 35ltd since it came out. The 35 is a very versatile lens. It does a lot of things well, and close focus is indeed close focus. It has AF with quick shift.

The 58 crushes the 35 in very low light. It also renders color a little better to my eye. It is MF though, so if you rely a lot on AF (I do), it is a lot more work to use. I tend to shoot one handed most of the time, and sometimes can't really frame due to circumstances or the angle I want to get. With AF I can usually get close. With the 58, I either have to guess or...guess.

Just depends on what means more to you. There are shots I can get with each lens that I can't really get with the other.
01-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
Damn Brit

nostatic is right, they are totally different. For me though, if I could only have one, it would be the Nokton, for one thing it's beautiful to look at, for another it feels great to use (the FA 35 isn't designed with MF as it's primary purpose) and finally, it allows for more artistic work than does the 35. I'm sure other Nokton owners can add to that list.

Another thing to think about, there are limited numbers of the Nokton I believe, FA35 may go up in price but should be available in the future.
01-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
nostatic is right, they are totally different. For me though, if I could only have one, it would be the Nokton, for one thing it's beautiful to look at, for another it feels great to use (the FA 35 isn't designed with MF as it's primary purpose) and finally, it allows for more artistic work than does the 35. I'm sure other Nokton owners can add to that list.

Another thing to think about, there are limited numbers of the Nokton I believe, FA35 may go up in price but should be available in the future.

Gary, OP was asking about he DA ltd, not FA...

But I think all your points are still valid!

01-12-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Gary, OP was asking about he DA ltd, not FA...

But I think all your points are still valid!

But I couldn't have answered the question any other way, I don't have the DA35.