Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
How about 21 + 40 + 70 + Raynox 150 or 250 to use with the DA70? Note the 21 & 40 by themselves turn your DSLR into a Panasonic LX3, more or less. if you think you'd be comfortable with just those two focal lengths, the LX3 would be worth a look too.
Hmm. The Raynox 150 looks interesting. Very worth considering. It's been 20 years sine I uses a teleconverter on my old AE1. And, yes, I looked at the LX3 and the micro 4/3 approaches, but loved the K20D too much and could budget only 1 camera. Plus, I'm less sure the smaller cameras have the weather-resistance that the Pentax does.

01-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by krt1 Quote
In fact, last night I spied a Craig's list ad: a K1000 with 50mm and 70-205 Vivitar, for $30, all in great shape. 20 minutes later I was the proud new owner of a classic, but clunky, Pentax. Happy times!
That's quite a bargain: congratulations! I think you will get used to the clunkiness. . . err. . . solidness quickly!

In case you don't already know, you should keep the viewfinder covered (or keep the camera in its bag) when not in use to avoid drain on the meter battery. Other than that, I don't think there's much to explain about a K1000!