Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Experiance with Tamron Warrenty

Has anyone had experiance with Tamron lens warrenties good or bad? I Recieved a new 70-200 f2.8 late November and it would not focus correctly, I went to my local shop and showed him the photos and he suggested trying differant settings for that weekend. I did that and it still was not right lens was returned (less than a month) Tamron says camera issue he told them no way other lenses work fine, I have yet to get my replacement lens (almost a month). I spoke to the shop today and was told Tamron agreed to release the replacement without me sending in my camera. Has anyone heard of such a thing what a hassel I told my sales person (shop owners son) if it has not shipped just get me a Sigma version as I need it for Sunday my son's hockey team is playing at Providence. Six year Warrenty ... Right!!!

P.S. The shop liked the lens enough they thought about carrying more Tamron product until they had to deal with this.

01-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter

There are many cases of the camera being the culprit, so if the lens tests OK by Tamron, it would not surprise me for them to think it was a camera body issue.

Also, this is the busiest time of the year for customer service (I'm a CS manager an know first-hand), so a little patience with your persistence will help.

And, contrary to popular impressions, a warranty does not automatically mean "new one".
01-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thank you

I'm not saying they should just hand over a new lens, and at the point they claimed it was the camera they didn't have the 1st copy back yet, however when I have been waiting this long for the lens and spent aprox. 3 weeks testing it and myself and have a bunch of lost shots to show for it, I don't want to hear right off the bat it is the cameras fault. I didn't want it to be a bad copy as I had waited so long for it but bad is bad, I know about customer service a little bit, and if a customer of mine had something just purchased new (less than 30 days) and said there is a problem I wouldn't be blaming another part first, lets check it out and see what is going on here, maybe here is a loaner while we check yours.

I've been in the automotive/heavy truck field a long time as owner, manager, and tech. Not every thing new out of the box is perfect, don't try and pass the blame without proper information it may come back to bite you.

Remember always treat your customer the way you would want to be treated.