Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #1

Takumar Pentax-A 70-200mm F4 issues with smooth zoom

I just got this lens off ebay and I was a little disapointed that the movement of the lenses zoom seems really loose. Its also not very smooth.. It seems to want to stick a little in some places which makes it even worse. Is there a repair or adjustment for this? I have a Takumar m zoom lens that is very solid compared to this one. Any advise on this lens or the "a" series? Thanks!!

01-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have had one of these for almost 20 years, my second lens ever. It was looser than any other lens I've ever used from the first day and has always been that way. It's almost like using manual focus on an autofocus lens. But it doesn't stick either, it's consistant. I don't know about any adjustments. I know the lens can get pretty soft at 200mm and f4.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, lens, pentax lens, slr lens, takumar