Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
CPC 28-85mm will it work on my k20d?

Hi,

I just picked up a couple of used lenses. The CPC 28-85mm auto zoom lens was one of them.

I've tried to find information on it, but not much luck.

Is anyone familiar with it? Is it safe to put on my k20d? It came on a Pentax Program Plus film camera.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Susan

01-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
per
Inactive Account

Yes, it is safe and yes it will work. If it's a pentax bayonet your K20D can use it, no matter how old or new the lens is.
01-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #3

Hello,

Yes, it should work fine ... AFAIK, CPC lenses are Pentax lenses without the SMC coating, so be careful to the flare ...

Best regards
01-18-2009, 12:13 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Beware of CPC Lens

I continued to search the web to be sure this lens was safe. I'm so glad that I did. Evidently, there is a CPC Lens Phase 2 that seems to work for people who have them. My lens does not have Phase 2 written on it, so I continued to search the web for any issues with it. I did find a guy with a web page who had a similar lens and it got stuck. His did not have Phase 2 on it either. He led me to the following web site which is SO HELPFUL in identifying the third party k-mount lenses that can possibly get stuck on the k20d. My lens has the KR lettering on the aperture ring and it has the dreaded pin. I'm so glad I didn't put it on my camera right away. If you ever buy an old, third party lens look at this web site before using it:

theatre of noise: Ricoh Lenses On Pentax Cameras -- The Ricoh Pin Fix

I'm going to get the pin removed as it demonstrates and then I can use the lens. I hope this helps someone in the future!

Susan

01-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Susan Quote
I continued to search the web to be sure this lens was safe. I'm so glad that I did. Evidently, there is a CPC Lens Phase 2 that seems to work for people who have them. My lens does not have Phase 2 written on it, so I continued to search the web for any issues with it. I did find a guy with a web page who had a similar lens and it got stuck. His did not have Phase 2 on it either. He led me to the following web site which is SO HELPFUL in identifying the third party k-mount lenses that can possibly get stuck on the k20d. My lens has the KR lettering on the aperture ring and it has the dreaded pin. I'm so glad I didn't put it on my camera right away. If you ever buy an old, third party lens look at this web site before using it:

theatre of noise: Ricoh Lenses On Pentax Cameras -- The Ricoh Pin Fix

I'm going to get the pin removed as it demonstrates and then I can use the lens. I hope this helps someone in the future!

Susan
Thank you for the very useful link!

Brian