Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
Igilligan

PORST Weitwinkel 35mm 3.5 + images

Well LBA is alive and well here at the house o'gus. I picked up this Porst 35mm, already having the Pentax M 35 2.8 did not stop me.

took some quick shots of some ??? 'Winter Roses ??? Love the color of the lens, maybe even better than my pentaw M 35 2.8

The close ups have a close up filter on it.

WINTER ROSES

WINTER PEAR

Obligatory cat shots

Last edited by Igilligan; 01-20-2009 at 06:25 PM.
01-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
yay for obligatory cat shots... but did your cat turn into a scooter at the end ? :P cat-ooter

love the details preserved in the shots of the rose petals... nice blurring along the edges of the petals too...
01-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #3
Igilligan

Thanks Vylen, I am a cat shootin' machine... they are my most willing models. And they work for kibbles

Thanks for the comments ...

Last edited by Igilligan; 01-20-2009 at 10:05 PM.
01-20-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is this an M42 lens? or K mount? love the "look" of these photos Gus !!

01-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
Igilligan

It is an M42...

Hey Stratman

I forgot to mention that... thanks for the reminder. And old M42 screwmount lens, but today most of my fave lenses are old m42's... Who would have thought that a year and a half ago when I stumbled in here with the Kit / 50-200 and the fa 50? Not me!

Love the old glass... in fact that is all that stopped me from getting the D90 and moving on to faster AF and better flash pastures! Oh, and I wanted to play with the Shallow DOF video too Maybe next year
thanks for the comment...
01-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Well LBA is alive and well here at the house o'gus. I picked up this Porst 35mm, already having the Pentax M 35 2.8 did not stop me.

took some quick shots of some ??? 'Winter Roses ??? Love the color of the lens, maybe even better than my pentaw M 35 2.8

The close ups have a close up filter on it.
Cool stuff Gus... Not only do you have a Weitwinkel!, but a pentaw 35/2.8! Two lenses I've never heard of! Very cools shots and very ironic that the m42 lenses kept you from upgrading to the latest greatest (I too am hearing the siren song of the video capable SLR).

Hey BTW, I just had some LBA/CBA you might appreciate... Check it out.
01-21-2009, 02:12 AM   #7

wow, very sharp and good color, I like this lens also, but I used it little.

01-21-2009, 03:00 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I also appear to have this very lens, but it is not labeled "Porst" (a photographic distributor's name) but "Tokina". I haven't used it but after having seen the photos in the first post...
01-21-2009, 04:19 AM   #9
Veteran Member

In the supermarket this evening I saw a little boy about three years old who also had a Weitwinkel. One of the ladies on the register came over with some towels and mopped up around him and then his mother took him home for some clean clothes so he could have a DreiWinkel again.

(Love the rose shots).
01-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #10
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
Cool stuff Gus... Not only do you have a Weitwinkel!, but a pentaw 35/2.8! Two lenses I've never heard of! Very cools shots and very ironic that the m42 lenses kept you from upgrading to the latest greatest (I too am hearing the siren song of the video capable SLR).

Hey BTW, I just had some LBA/CBA you might appreciate... Check it out.
I had the Pentax M35 2.8 with my old ME so it was the first prime I shot with the K100d when I got it... that is the lens that started it all!

QuoteOriginally posted by leikey1982 Quote
wow, very sharp and good color, I like this lens also, but I used it little.
Thanks again Feng for a very good deal on this lens. Who knows how often I will use it. The Helios 44m seems to be on the camera alot,
so this will have to fight for time with it and the 58mm of the helios is more my portrait range.
But this looks like it will be fun in the springtime for sure.

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I also appear to have this very lens, but it is not labeled "Porst" (a photographic distributor's name) but "Tokina". I haven't used it but after having seen the photos in the first post...
I did not know that Porst was just a distributor. So I imagine they must have had many companies make lenses for them?
If you get a chance shoot me a pic of the Tokina, I would like to see it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
In the supermarket this evening I saw a little boy about three years old who also had a Weitwinkel. One of the ladies on the register came over with some towels and mopped up around him and then his mother took him home for some clean clothes so he could have a DreiWinkel again.

(Love the rose shots).
Oh Mike, it is nice to know that I am not the only man who has a 10 year old boy trapped inside my head making wise cracks
all day long. My how we have grown

I personally would rather have a weitwinkel than a wewinkel...
01-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Gus, you replied to me saying...
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
I had the Pentax M35 2.8 with my old ME so it was the first prime I shot with the K100d when I got it... that is the lens that started it all!
l...
but dude, I was making fun of your original typo - that's all . Read it again, slowly....
01-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #12
Igilligan

Pentaw... I re-read that twice and still...

My brain finds it hard to admit to a mistake and will continue to see itself as perfect, even when it is obviously flaxed... oops, I mean flawed