Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
Igilligan
Guest




PORST Weitwinkel 35mm 3.5 + images

Well LBA is alive and well here at the house o'gus. I picked up this Porst 35mm, already having the Pentax M 35 2.8 did not stop me.


took some quick shots of some ??? 'Winter Roses ??? Love the color of the lens, maybe even better than my pentaw M 35 2.8

The close ups have a close up filter on it.






WINTER ROSES











WINTER PEAR


Obligatory cat shots







Last edited by Igilligan; 01-20-2009 at 06:25 PM.
01-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Vylen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,250
yay for obligatory cat shots... but did your cat turn into a scooter at the end ? :P cat-ooter

love the details preserved in the shots of the rose petals... nice blurring along the edges of the petals too...
01-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #3
Igilligan
Guest




Thanks Vylen, I am a cat shootin' machine... they are my most willing models. And they work for kibbles

Thanks for the comments ...

Last edited by Igilligan; 01-20-2009 at 10:05 PM.
01-20-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Stratman's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St Louis, Missouri U S A
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,464
Is this an M42 lens? or K mount? love the "look" of these photos Gus !!

01-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
Igilligan
Guest




It is an M42...

Hey Stratman

I forgot to mention that... thanks for the reminder. And old M42 screwmount lens, but today most of my fave lenses are old m42's... Who would have thought that a year and a half ago when I stumbled in here with the Kit / 50-200 and the fa 50? Not me!

Love the old glass... in fact that is all that stopped me from getting the D90 and moving on to faster AF and better flash pastures! Oh, and I wanted to play with the Shallow DOF video too Maybe next year
thanks for the comment...
01-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member
heliphoto's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Region 5
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,540
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Well LBA is alive and well here at the house o'gus. I picked up this Porst 35mm, already having the Pentax M 35 2.8 did not stop me.


took some quick shots of some ??? 'Winter Roses ??? Love the color of the lens, maybe even better than my pentaw M 35 2.8

The close ups have a close up filter on it.
...
Cool stuff Gus... Not only do you have a Weitwinkel!, but a pentaw 35/2.8! Two lenses I've never heard of! Very cools shots and very ironic that the m42 lenses kept you from upgrading to the latest greatest (I too am hearing the siren song of the video capable SLR).

Hey BTW, I just had some LBA/CBA you might appreciate... Check it out.
01-21-2009, 02:12 AM   #7
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 149
wow, very sharp and good color, I like this lens also, but I used it little.
01-21-2009, 03:00 AM   #8
Veteran Member
Asahiflex's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,754
I also appear to have this very lens, but it is not labeled "Porst" (a photographic distributor's name) but "Tokina". I haven't used it but after having seen the photos in the first post...

01-21-2009, 04:19 AM   #9
Veteran Member
Mike Cash's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,952
In the supermarket this evening I saw a little boy about three years old who also had a Weitwinkel. One of the ladies on the register came over with some towels and mopped up around him and then his mother took him home for some clean clothes so he could have a DreiWinkel again.

(Love the rose shots).
01-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #10
Igilligan
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
Cool stuff Gus... Not only do you have a Weitwinkel!, but a pentaw 35/2.8! Two lenses I've never heard of! Very cools shots and very ironic that the m42 lenses kept you from upgrading to the latest greatest (I too am hearing the siren song of the video capable SLR).

Hey BTW, I just had some LBA/CBA you might appreciate... Check it out.
I had the Pentax M35 2.8 with my old ME so it was the first prime I shot with the K100d when I got it... that is the lens that started it all!

QuoteOriginally posted by leikey1982 Quote
wow, very sharp and good color, I like this lens also, but I used it little.
Thanks again Feng for a very good deal on this lens. Who knows how often I will use it. The Helios 44m seems to be on the camera alot,
so this will have to fight for time with it and the 58mm of the helios is more my portrait range.
But this looks like it will be fun in the springtime for sure.



QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I also appear to have this very lens, but it is not labeled "Porst" (a photographic distributor's name) but "Tokina". I haven't used it but after having seen the photos in the first post...
I did not know that Porst was just a distributor. So I imagine they must have had many companies make lenses for them?
If you get a chance shoot me a pic of the Tokina, I would like to see it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
In the supermarket this evening I saw a little boy about three years old who also had a Weitwinkel. One of the ladies on the register came over with some towels and mopped up around him and then his mother took him home for some clean clothes so he could have a DreiWinkel again.

(Love the rose shots).
Oh Mike, it is nice to know that I am not the only man who has a 10 year old boy trapped inside my head making wise cracks
all day long. My how we have grown

I personally would rather have a weitwinkel than a wewinkel...
01-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #11
Veteran Member
heliphoto's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Region 5
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,540
Gus, you replied to me saying...
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
I had the Pentax M35 2.8 with my old ME so it was the first prime I shot with the K100d when I got it... that is the lens that started it all!
l...
but dude, I was making fun of your original typo - that's all . Read it again, slowly....
01-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #12
Igilligan
Guest




Pentaw... I re-read that twice and still...

My brain finds it hard to admit to a mistake and will continue to see itself as perfect, even when it is obviously flaxed... oops, I mean flawed
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
35mm, close, k-mount, pentax lens, porst, roses, shots, slr lens, winter
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for some images taken with the FA 20-35mm F4 pcarfan Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 7 11-05-2010 08:41 PM
Regarding Porst 135mm f2.8 PK Manual Lens gut1kor Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 07-23-2010 08:06 AM
For Sale - Sold: DA 40mm ltd and DA 35mm Macro ltd (caution: large images) farfisa Sold Items 7 02-06-2009 07:21 AM
For Sale - Sold: Porst Weitwinkel 35/3.5 lens for sale-M42 leikey1982 Sold Items 2 01-02-2009 12:31 PM
135/1.8 Porst lens? Syb Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 3 12-01-2007 11:20 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:51 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top