Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #16
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I went with Sigma too. It's perfect for urban shooting, citiscapes etc. You may find it bit too wide for landscapes sometimes, but then hey, it's a zoom.
10-20 isn't the absolutely sharpest lens around I'm sure DA14 and DA12-24 would be sharper) but it's the best compromise between price/performance/build quality you can get IMHO.

BR

01-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
I went with Sigma too. It's perfect for urban shooting, citiscapes etc. You may find it bit too wide for landscapes sometimes, but then hey, it's a zoom.
10-20 isn't the absolutely sharpest lens around I'm sure DA14 and DA12-24 would be sharper) but it's the best compromise between price/performance/build quality you can get IMHO.

BR
Yes.
No one was giving me any indication that there is a massive difference between any of them.

I'm just getting my feet wet in wide angle photography and I think the Sigma suits my purposes as well as any of them. Also I think a zoom might be useful for how I intend to use it.
01-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I just pulled the trigger on the 21Ltd.
In the end I had to stick to the Limiteds. Diego's (soccerjoe) pictures that he posted finally made up my mind on the 21. This is it for me on lenses till the 15mm comes out....finally. Well, unless a great deal comes along on a K135/2.5 or something:-). Well, maybe the Pentax teleconverter if it's weather sealed. Well, maybe.............................., I'm not sure yet if LBA is ever curable, but hopefully I've got it in remission. At least I've got the obvious holes filled now.
01-25-2009, 10:20 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
I will be ordering a under 20mm wide angle, zoom or prime, this week.

Will be used mostly outdoors on nature scenes and subjects.

At this point it sounds as though I could live with the Sigma 10-20 or something similar. I could also be convinced of a prime like the DA 14mm.

I'm wide open to suggestions right now.

Thanks,
Wildman
I would have shot your Sigma 10-20mm in film to get the very wide or wild effect and see if you like it or not. That likely does not cost you a penny.

This is only from my Zen 16mm in full frame

http:// ........ forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=22611055

Wide wide lenses are niche lenses.

Daniel