Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #46
Site Supporter

Hate to be the one to pour vinegar in the soup, but the color-coded bags aren't real leather. Looking at them right now and all three--brown, green and red--are made of high quality, upholstery grade vinyl. It's upholstery grade due to the nice cloth backing which helps upholstered items hold their smoothness and shape. Again, it's really nice vinyl, but definitely not leather.

01-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #47
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Vinyl????

QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
...the color-coded bags aren't real leather...all three--brown, green and red--are made of high quality, upholstery grade vinyl...
Ooooh, even better (keeps the PETA attackers at bay)!

Sign me up!

Cheers...
01-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Hate to be the one to pour vinegar in the soup, but the color-coded bags aren't real leather. Looking at them right now and all three--brown, green and red--are made of high quality, upholstery grade vinyl. It's upholstery grade due to the nice cloth backing which helps upholstered items hold their smoothness and shape. Again, it's really nice vinyl, but definitely not leather.
I like to pour vinegar in the soup, mostly

Thanks for the clarification. I do agree, those are really nice quality bags
01-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
I like to pour vinegar in the soup, mostly
I would certainly pour vinegar in the hot and sour soup.

01-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Anyone who ride motorcycles know that silver is the FASTEST color, hence silver Lim is a bit faster than a black one.
01-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #51
Site Supporter

Yes, vinegar does make for a great hot and sour soup. Spice Kitchen in Edmonton AB is my favorite place for hot and sour (stupid cheap and really really good--seldom any English speakers there which means really authentic food). Frank probably has some pretty nice hot and sour options in Singapore. I can just imagine...
01-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #52
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does EXIF have a field for lens color?
01-29-2009, 11:33 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Yes, vinegar does make for a great hot and sour soup. Spice Kitchen in Edmonton AB is my favorite place for hot and sour (stupid cheap and really really good--seldom any English speakers there which means really authentic food). Frank probably has some pretty nice hot and sour options in Singapore. I can just imagine...
Oh yeah, we do have all kinds of food and soups here in Singapore. It's a heaven for food lovers

01-30-2009, 05:05 AM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Oh yeah, we do have all kinds of food and soups here in Singapore. It's a heaven for food lovers
Just about the opposite of Ireland, then, where they cannot make a soup without putting thick cream in it. Some of the best experiences of my life were had over a bowl of hot and sour soup.

And behind the lens of an FA Limited.
01-30-2009, 07:58 AM   #55
Site Supporter

Ron next time you come up here I'll buy you lunch.

Look, everyone knows the silver limiteds have been designed to only allow in golden light. Light in all the shorter wavelengths is blocked. It has to do with a combination of special coatings + slightly different internal mechanisms. Honest.