Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
FA 31mm ltd availability

I'm trying to track down an FA 31mm ltd, but so far the only ones I can find are what I assume to be grey market (or did they "fall of a truck"?) lenses on ebay. Does ANYONE (reputable) have them, or are they really as impossible to find as it would seem?

I am desperate to find one before I spend that money on something lame like bills or tuition...

03-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
Inactive Account

31mm Limited

QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Quote
I'm trying to track down an FA 31mm ltd
Personally, I think you're insane to buy a FA series FF lens but here ya go: http://www.thecamerastore.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=32483 Price is in Canadian dollars.
03-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #3

Yeah, the camera store is great, however, they are all out of stock. They tend to stay that way as well.

But they are great to deal with, and thats where i bought my Limited lenses.
03-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Hi. I picked one up at Abe's of Maine. Welcome to Abes of Maine. It appeared to be in stock on their web site at the time, but I ended having to wait two weeks while they special ordered it. They were fine to work with but they charge a LOT for shipping and handling. I failed to realize it until after I pressed the button to finalize my order. Hope that helps. Good luck in your hunt!

03-23-2007, 09:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, I've heard enough about Abe's of Maine to avoid them like the plague...

Caveat Emptor II - Buyer Beware - Avoiding the Photo Store Scammers
Abe's of Maine Customer Ratings, Reviews and Prices at ResellerRatings - Page 4
Abe's of Maine
03-23-2007, 10:04 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I recently pre-ordered the 31mm and 77mm limiteds from The Camera Store. With the US exchange rate, the prices are quite good... about the same as prices after the current rebates at places like B&H and Adorama.

They're not sure when they'll get the 77 is... the 31 should be back in stock in May.
03-23-2007, 11:11 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Yikes. Should have done a little research on them before pulling the trigger. I did get a legit lens w/ serial number but in future will probably stick to someone like Adorama or B&H. You might want to special order through one of them unless you are in a big hurry to have it.
03-24-2007, 03:57 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. The Guy Quote
Personally, I think you're insane to buy a FA series FF lens
Why? The 31 limited is one of the finest lenses ever made, whether for 35mm or APC does not matter. If the OP wants the ultimate lens IQ in a normal FL. Maybe he wants to use it on film also.

03-24-2007, 05:21 AM   #9

Superb lenses - I picked mine up 3 years ago and had to resort to importing from Japan to UK. I brought in a couple extra as Pentax UK didn't seem to bother back then but they've all gone to good homes...

If you are prepared to pay UK prices try my local store as I think they have some stock - SRS Microsystems - computer and camera retail

Will
03-24-2007, 10:30 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice -- I have one coming my way from The Camera Store......in about 2 months.

And as for the insanity of buying this lens? Yeah, probably. I also eyed the DA 21mm, which is about 1/4 the price. But then I couldn't use it with film. Of course, I suppose I could have bought another K100D body for the price difference!

But then, if logic were the sole deciding factor I never would have gone into photography as a hobby...