Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2009, 03:26 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by luckyrabbit Quote
Thanks for the information. It is digital, and I have been taking the lens off to put the cap back in. Now I'm worried about dust! I won't be able to check till my DA lens gets here (my current lens is manual).
You can check for dust on your sensor with any lens -

Take a picture of a plain light surface, eg blue sky or pale wall with flash using small aperture f16 or smaller. 'Dust bunnies' show as dark shadowy blobs.
Use blower to clean. Google Rocket Blower.

01-29-2009, 05:50 AM   #17
Forum Member

For a first dslr, I think it’s ok to explore and change lens often. Just learn about cleaning dust but beware of two things; Image sensor and focus screen. Both are dust magnets but extremely fragile when handle wrongly – I’ll leave that to the pros if it ever needs cleaning.

If you're ever gonna settle on a lens that cost more than someone's whole kit (200+ f2.8s). I’ll suggest you buy a body with it, mount it and NEVER again separate them.

For storage, like you would with any electronics.

And really worry about that (as in spending $$$ for cases, separators, humin control box, etc, etc) if it's a well worth lens.
01-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #18

Check Digital Photography World: DEALING WITH FUNGUS IN THE LENS. I'm new to DSLR, but my father's been shooting for a while (30+ years) and had a few lens with fungus. What I've learned from his experience is that leather cases, in his case "ever ready" cases, do attract fungus. Keep them dry and try not to keep them in the dark for too long!