Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Someone got lucky...guess it wasn't someone on this forum or he's be posting about his score ;-)
I was 2nd on the the waiting list.
I bought my copy as a salesman's refurbished sample. Until then I didn't realize you could buy demo lenses just like demo cars!

Chez Henry's was selling a bunch of Pentax Canada's refurbed demos via fleabay. I lobbed in a low bid with 1 minute left in the auction. It was just a whim and I fully expected to get outbid. Imagine my surprise when I found out I was the only bidder. Fortunately for me the prices on the * lens lineup has held up nicely.

01-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, I'd be interested: even more so in one that went a little longer, or, as a minor convenience, a little wider. 16-50 would be cool to have, but I don't think it'd see as much use with me as something that favored going a bit longer. Just a matter of preference, though, I'm sure the 16-50 is lovely, in a good example, anyway.
01-30-2009, 03:59 AM   #33
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Someone got lucky...guess it wasn't someone on this forum or he's be posting about his score ;-)
I was 2nd on the the waiting list.
Unbeknownst to me, the lens was sold before I even made this thread...
03-10-2009, 04:27 AM   #34

Hello all!

I have a question, I hope you dont mind I reopen this thread. Most of you FA*28-70 users agree that you use it as a walkaround lens, and probably it is your most used lens, since it is an excellent one. Leaving prices aside, overpriced or not, I am starting to be interested on it but I checked characteristics and it is waaaay heavy! Heavier than my DA*50-135... and I can not find myself holding it all day...

Well, this is just a reflection, maybe you are calling me weak or something :ugh: but I wish it was lighter, dont you think?

Thanks.

03-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #35
Forum Member

It is a heavy, may be heavier than the total weigght of DA21 DA40 and DA70 all together. However, its sharpess exceeds beyond an expectation for a zoom. I haven't had it for too long. In fact, I was buying mine when this thread started. And guess what, one of my first test shot made it in the Pentax Photo Gallery.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/51890-i-made-pentax-photo-gallery.html

And now, I have to work my butt off for the bigger brothers FA*80-200 and FA* 85
03-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #36
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cheap 28-70...

QuoteOriginally posted by yeedub Quote
I see a $500 dollar one for sale in craigslist vancouver. I think in this day and age, the DA*16-50mm is a better option due to the reduced size, weight, and more versatile range
QuoteOriginally posted by arthur pappas Quote
Unbeknownst to me, the lens was sold before I even made this thread...
There are very FEW of them in this city, and a friend of mine had his STOLEN in Vancouver about 10 years ago....hmmmmm. He got his insurance money and moved on.

If it seems too good to be true...

Cheers,
Cameron