Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
. . . is obviously not a screw mount Takumar lens, the grammar of the person who wrote that description makes me question their intelliegence. very, very bad indeed.
There was a k-mount f2.5 135mm Takumar lens though. It could just be poor writing and a wrong picture. Perhaps English is a second language and the ad wasn't edited, or maybe the person is a graduate of the Chicago or Detroit school system.

Edit: This never should have gotten by regardless.

01-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #32
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
There was a k-mount f2.5 135mm Takumar lens though. It could just be poor writing and a wrong picture. Perhaps English is a second language and the ad wasn't edited, or maybe the person is a graduate of the Chicago or Detroit school system.

Edit: This never should have gotten by regardless.

no offense but someone who's first language isn't English (unless they are very proficient) probably shouldn't be typing the info for sale advertisements. I do agree that the info is probably a mix up for another lens though. seems logical.

I don't know anything about the Chicago or Detroit school systems. I thought South Carolina was at the bottom of the public education pile?
01-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #33
Site Supporter

no offense but someone who's first language isn't English (unless they are very proficient) probably shouldn't be typing the info for sale advertisements. I do agree that the info is probably a mix up for another lens though. seems logical.

I don't know anything about the Chicago or Detroit school systems. I thought South Carolina was at the bottom of the public education pile?
Detroit has a 47-49% functionally illiterate rate. Chicago is challenging them for it at 37%. I agree about the proficiency requirement.

Edit: I have seen 14.5% for SC as a whole.
01-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #34
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Detroit has a 47-49% functionally illiterate rate. Chicago is challenging them for it at 37%. I agree about the proficiency requirement.

Edit: I have seen 14.5% for SC as a whole.

where would one find such numbers?

01-30-2009, 03:18 PM   #35
Site Supporter

where would one find such numbers?
There are several sites actually including the local school boards etc. However,
Here is one place to start. According to this site, NY City is at 36% which is probably not statistically different from Chicago.

HealthStream Research - Literacy Rates

Here are some others.

Literacy

Detroit Literacy Coalition | Mission Statement

14 Percent of U.S. Adults Can't Read | LiveScience

Edit: I've seen people railing on SC lately. However, they aren't far off of the national average. The head of the Chicago School system is now the Sec. of the U.S. Dept of Education.
01-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
<3
Я тебя люблю слишком

Aaah, Babel Fish....

but hate is such a strong word Dan.
Alrighty then, I am experiencing a strong feeling of antipathy towards those who have derailed my thread.

Good y/n?
01-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Ever check eBay? This happens all the time with volume sellers.

Lighten up - it's obviously just a mismatch of picture and description.
Perhaps the Canon lens description has a picture of the Takumar...

Chris
01-30-2009, 09:53 PM   #38
Pentaxian

I was doing a search in some of the local auction sites for Pentax stuff and found this:
PENTAX WHITE 6110 NAVIGATOR GPS MOBILE PHONE on Trading Post ? mobile phones, mobile phone accessories, mobile phone parts, mobile plans, new mobile phones, second-hand mobile phones, mobile accessories and hands free devices at low prices.
I didn't know Pentax made phones and I cannot see anything wrong with the lister's grammar and P_E_N_T_A_X isn't much of a typo for N_O_K_I_A nor even a very close anagram for a dyslexic speller. If you check the item details the mistake is repeated on that page as well... Any one with a logical explanation?

01-31-2009, 10:00 AM   #39
Adorama Camera Representative

Adorama Camera Customer Service

Oh my, this is terrible. you can look into this all you'd like Helen, but something this bad is just inexcusable in my opinion. disregarding the fact that this is obviously not a screw mount Takumar lens, the grammar of the person who wrote that description makes me question their intelliegence. very, very bad indeed.
I agree with you - it is absolutely dreadful.

I gather that there is a new employee in the Used Department responsible for putting together the Ebay listings; you are quite correct, this is completely unacceptable, and I will be straight on to it as soon as the Used Department opens for business on Sunday.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
01-31-2009, 10:13 AM   #40
Pentaxian

Yes, you certainly have to clen things up there.