Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Was he exactly using words not compatible?
Yes, those words... It sounded strange to me too.

I asked about the firmware-option, according to him it wouldn't solve the problem - I don't remember the explanaition - it was a long phone-conersation in a noisy office.

I also mentioned the information from here about the remembering 4 lenses - the guy said there should be more than 4.

Now he will tune the body to 35/2, and then will try other lenses.

They made tests in the service. You bring the body/lenses saying what the problem is, and they made their own checks and tests.

02-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Free Soul Quote
The body is OK.
The lens is OK.
The body is not compatible with the lens.
That only makes sense if "is OK" means "is within tolerances" and the tolerances are such that extreme cases matched up result in unacceptable results. That would be bad but is probably the case.

I really wanted that lens, but if it will affect every other lens, I will replace it.
Good attitude.
02-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, those words... It sounded strange to me too.

I asked about the firmware-option, according to him it wouldn't solve the problem - I don't remember the explanaition - it was a long phone-conersation in a noisy office.

I also mentioned the information from here about the remembering 4 lenses - the guy said there should be more than 4.

Now he will tune the body to 35/2, and then will try other lenses.

They made tests in the service. You bring the body/lenses saying what the problem is, and they made their own checks and tests.
I think he is wrong. Did he mention anything about buying a Canon?

I have a K10D, your lens FA35/2, FA50/1.4 and a DA55~300 - as well as the manual lenses in my signature.

All of my lenses focus properly and are compatible with my K10D. They all meter properly, and the A35~105 meters well on the A setting.

You should upgrade to Firmware 1.3. Then you can also use HSM lenses.

GO HERE: Customer Support - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site

In the left frame, under Firmware, Historic Product, select K10D. On the right, download the pdf file and the firmware file. Follow the instructions to load the firmware onto a SD Card. When you start the camera, the Firmware will update.

The instructions are very clear.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-06-2009 at 07:29 PM.
02-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #19

I will follow this thread for results of your camera-lens combo after adjustments in Pentax Service...

As the spanish technician at Pentax Service told me, the K10D can store up to 4 lens adjustments. So that means that in K10D is accessible only through a dedicated software and operated by them, but it can be done... I wish it was like K20D, I hate having to test all lenses and in case I found something strange bringing all my equipment to Service...

02-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have a K10D and I'm walking around in debug mode 100% of the time. I have correction numbers for each of my lenses. It takes 15 seconds to adjust the camera each time I change a lens. My pics are sharp and I'm very happy.

Sure my next Pentax will be able to store these lens corrections for me but for now my gear works great.

I used the Russian software. You can find a thread here on the forum that will get you started.

If you want a new body get one. But if all you want is your camera matched to your lenses you have no problem.