Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Mr Poke-

I'm interested in seeing what the comparison would be if the 18-55 II is included. I'm contemplating on getting the 18-250 and was curious to see how the megazoom compares in the 18-55 range to the kit lens. Maybe this comparison and subsequent discussion was already done and if so, others can vector me off to the right thread.

edit: silly me! I noticed you don't have an 18-55 based on your sig. I'd gladly do a couple test shots if you send me the 18-250 :-)

02-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
Nice job Gooshin, way to swoop in after the answer is posted!

Hmmm, still no comments from anyone about rendering, color, or contrast...
In regards to "rendering, color, or contrast...". Much depends on the subject, lighting, etc.. Of the lenses you selected, I don't know that any has any particular reputation for any of these three qualities. I was able to correctly place the order of the lenses based at least partially on the lower contrast of image #1.

An interesting comparison might be to look at some of the photos taken by jsherman999 with his Jupiter-9 85/2 compared with his Super Tak 85/1.9.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/31063-jupiter-9-a.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/26203-scoring-85mms.html

Jay has experience with a lot of lenses and acquired these two a couple of months apart from each other. Some of the pictures are very similar in how they look, while others are pretty distinctive.

Steve