Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2009, 08:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
You will keep your FA50 1.4......You will keep your FA50 1.4......You will keep your FA50 1.4......
You will be surprised to know that this actually somehow have an effect on me!

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
The FA 35 is more useful indoors and is sharp at F2.
Ah, the 35. I indeed find the 35 focal range to be more versatile and usable than the 50, and my SMC tak 35/3.5 sometimes is hard to focus due to the split focus darkening. Maybe I should save for this baby or its DA macro cousin instead

I'm having second thought on letting it go now, but if I do decide to let it go, we'll see it in the marketplace. Thanks everyone =)

02-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #17
Forum Member

Another vote for FA 35

If you're looking for an excellent autofocus lens from this series for general use, this is the one. The FA 50 (also great) serves as a nice portrait lens at wide apertures but in these situations I often use it in MF mode. You can use your current MF 50s for this purpose.

I picked up an FA 35 in mint condition for $200 on ebay. Got lucky!