Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
Really? That's interesting.
The mirror alignment method initially wasn't part of the PRO version. It's inclusion only makes sense if it adds anything to the existing alignment method. And I distinctly remember the comment about precision.

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
I think I'll buy one but I'm a bit under the impression that it's a v1.0 tool.
Do you mean that it needs to mature in any way?

The only flaw I can see with it, is that you don't measure in the same spot where you focus. If the lens hasn't got a flat field curvature you will optimise sharpness for the spot where the ruler appeared in the image, not where your focus centre was.

If I had money to waste, I'd buy it but there is nothing that a little DIY cannot produce. Buying this "tool" is pure convenience. One can put together something equivalent in very little time for very little money.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adjustment, body, calibration, confirmation, focus, k-mount, k20d, lenses, light, pentax lens, product, slr lens, test