Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Free printable lens hoods

I went on an LBA binge over the last couple of weeks and was trying to figure out what I was going to do for hoods, when I came across this interesting site:

Digital lens hoods

The site has printable hoods, which you cut out, bend and tape. Presumably you should use flat-black construction paper.

There are some Pentax lenses there and they mention that you can make a request for any missing hoods.

What a great idea! I'm going to print off a few tonight!

- Andrew

02-04-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool. Thanks.
02-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Clearly an idea whose time has come. I've actually been experimenting with a non-traditional hood, too: my left hand. I've come to realize my rubber hood just isn't doing a whole lot of good, and I can improve on it greatly by cupping my hand around the lens, between it and the sun. I have to be careful to avoid vignetting, but at least I can see it in the viewfinder.
02-04-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

should just try sticking an umbrella to the camera body

02-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

This is actually pretty cool. Thanks!
02-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AndrewShirley Quote
I went on an LBA binge over the last couple of weeks and was trying to figure out what I was going to do for hoods, when I came across this interesting site:

Digital lens hoods

The site has printable hoods, which you cut out, bend and tape. Presumably you should use flat-black construction paper.

There are some Pentax lenses there and they mention that you can make a request for any missing hoods.

What a great idea! I'm going to print off a few tonight!

- Andrew
Only issue I have is all these pdf's are for D FA or DA lenses - the ones that are already optimized for 1.5x crop sensors - and that came with optimized hoods. What we need is APS-c-optimized, cut-out hoods for Tak, K, M, A and FA lenses.
02-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Well, I tried. I must say they look pretty ghetto-ish. I printed the one for the DA40 as that is what is on the camera today. It fits horribly. Trying to put a rubber band around the lens over the little paper tabs proved to be a fidgety process at best and it is 4X's bigger than the lens. Weird.

Think I'll pass. :ugh:

02-05-2009, 06:19 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I agree. Please make the request, I have a few Taks on aps-c I would love hoods for as well, not to mention all the m glass I have.

- Andrew

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Only issue I have is all these pdf's are for D FA or DA lenses - the ones that are already optimized for 1.5x crop sensors - and that came with optimized hoods. What we need is APS-c-optimized, cut-out hoods for Tak, K, M, A and FA lenses.