Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
This madness MUST STOP! I don't have much disposable income right now, but DAMN, LBA is hitting me hard.

Let's see . . . house . . . lens . . . house . . . lens. Maybe I can do without food for a while?
You don't need a house, just get a tent with your camera gear~ go for a trip~ and start selling your photos on your way~

12-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
... for $283 with cashback, including shipping from Prodigital?

Yikes!
This and that cashback 77ltd price is just obscene.
12-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #48

I'm having inconsistent results using MS cashback and Ebay/Prodigital. I was able to get the 25% (bumped down from 30% this afternoon) on a DA40mm, but the discount was not listed for either the 12-24mm or the DA35macro. So the question remains (at least for me): are they a participating company in the cashback offer or not .....
12-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bactman Quote
I'm having inconsistent results using MS cashback and Ebay/Prodigital. I was able to get the 25% (bumped down from 30% this afternoon) on a DA40mm, but the discount was not listed for either the 12-24mm or the DA35macro. So the question remains (at least for me): are they a participating company in the cashback offer or not .....
Were those auctions in Canadian dollars? Might not work, since Canadians can't use it. Not that I'm bitter. Yeah, I'm bitter.

12-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bactman Quote
I was able to get the 25% (bumped down from 30% this afternoon)
That's because it was only supposed to be for cyber monday. Back to 25% and possibly dropping back to 8% soon...
12-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
That's because it was only supposed to be for cyber monday. Back to 25% and possibly dropping back to 8% soon...

He's not talking about the specific discount per se, he's talking about getting the cashback applied at all to Prodigital orders. I just tested it out, and it is not clear it is working anymore at Prodigital. Talk about fickle. But if one is still in the market, it's certainly worth continuing to try to get the discount at Prodigital.
12-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #52

Even more frustrating: The 12-24mm without warranty ($505 USD) no cashback listed. The 12-24mm with 8 year warranty ($560 USD) qualifies, but you do not get a confirmation on the amount off. So the question remains ....

And yes, to those north of the border, sorry about the luck.
12-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #53
Site Supporter

[QUOTE=Bactman;408222]Even more frustrating: The 12-24mm without warranty ($505 USD) no cashback listed. The 12-24mm with 8 year warranty ($560 USD) qualifies, but you do not get a confirmation on the amount off. So the question remains ....

QUOTE]

I ordered the DA12-24mm from Prodigital yesterday, with the 30% cashback and 10% eBay coupon option. Bottom line price will be $315, but I do have to wait the 60 days for the cashback. And it did take almost 24 hours for the cashback message to appear in my eBay message box, but it did work.

Last week I purchased the Tamron 17-50/2.8 using the 25% cashback, and it appeared my cashback account almost immediately so there is some inconsistency there as to how soon you get the cashback confirmation. Overall I'm happy though as I got two terrific lenses for a grand total of $540.

However, this has to end soon...........as the DA21 and DA 70 are calling my name.............

Last edited by jglover; 12-02-2008 at 03:57 PM.
12-02-2008, 03:16 PM   #54

If anyone can work out how to get the cashback from prodigital please, please, please let me know!
12-02-2008, 03:26 PM   #55
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jfsavage Quote
If anyone can work out how to get the cashback from prodigital please, please, please let me know!
First, make sure you search on live.com (and have set up a cashback account), then click on the ebay link and find a lens offered thru prodigital.
Use BIN and when you check out make sure to specify you want to use Paypal. Do not go though PD's check out procedures then send to you in an email, pay directly from the eBay web page you linked to from the live.com search page. At least that is how I have done it for both purchases and the cashback appeared in my MS live account.

There is still the 60 day wait to collect, though a couple others have reported their cash back appeared in their Paypal account in a day or two, but that seems to be out of the oprdinary for most people.
12-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #56
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This really sucks for Canadian... I have always wanted to buy the 43mm ltd, but just cannot pull the trigger because of 1) the exchange rate and 2) no rebate.
My LBA is killing me.
12-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
This really sucks for Canadian... I have always wanted to buy the 43mm ltd, but just cannot pull the trigger because of 1) the exchange rate and 2) no rebate.
My LBA is killing me.
don't they have canadian items too? they are a canadian store...
12-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #58

QuoteOriginally posted by jglover Quote
First, make sure you search on live.com (and have set up a cashback account), then click on the ebay link and find a lens offered thru prodigital.
Use BIN and when you check out make sure to specify you want to use Paypal. Do not go though PD's check out procedures then send to you in an email, pay directly from the eBay web page you linked to from the live.com search page. At least that is how I have done it for both purchases and the cashback appeared in my MS live account.

There is still the 60 day wait to collect, though a couple others have reported their cash back appeared in their Paypal account in a day or two, but that seems to be out of the oprdinary for most people.

It seems like they have different ways of listing their items. Some items I can get the cashback (there is a warning that you have to pay by paypal on the window after BIN). But some items must be listed on the Canadian site or something as there they are not suitable for cashback. And of course, the items I want are the ones not working ;{
12-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jglover Quote

This is exactly how it worked for me.
12-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #60

If you want to see if the rebate applies, after you have navigated to the item through live.com just click on "Buy it Now" . The rebate will show on the first screen before you have committed to buy. If there is no rebate, just don't hit "continue".