Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2008, 08:15 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try this for Prodigital cash back...

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by jfsavage Quote
If anyone can work out how to get the cashback from prodigital please, please, please let me know!
Here's what worked for me:
You must have an eBay account, an Microsoft cash back account and a PayPal account ... and they must ALL must have the same email address for you.
Go to LiveSearch.com, or,
use this link Live Search cashback - Live Search a search for cashback (google etc)
Type in a search term, e.g., Pentax (any term will do, you can always change it if you go in through Cuisanart, or Nikon, etc., the important part is to get into the eBay cash back system)
Then select the eBay site that features Cash Back in a green banner and gold icon, or,
use this link pentax a, Cameras Photo, Books items on eBay.com
Scroll down looking for a seller/site that has your specific item, e.g., Pentax 77mm (again, you can refine the search but make sure you don't end up back on a non-cash back page... if you don't see that green banner, get out and start all over)
Select "BUY NOW" (otherwise it doesn't work, no, really, it doesn't work, it has to be done this way)
Scroll through to the final screen and you should see the green banner again with a specific amount for MS cash back BEFORE committing to the purchase... if you don't go back and select another seller/site
You must pay with PayPal (really, that's part of the deal)
After all that, you'll receive emails from PayPay, the site/seller, eBay and MS... the important one is the eBay that confirms your eligibility for the cash back.
Click, they'll link up and you should receive confirmation in your PayPal account for the pending payment
That's all there is to it

12-02-2008, 08:26 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Come-ith 'n Go-ith

The Prodigital cashback allowance has faded to 20% from 30%. :ugh:

Cheers...
12-02-2008, 10:59 PM   #63
Forum Member

Now it has rebounded to 25% again....kind of reminds me of the global stock markets!
12-04-2008, 03:15 AM   #64
Forum Member

sad =( i can't seem to find the store on the search site.

epic fail!

however, congrats to all those who did! =D

12-04-2008, 06:00 AM   #65
Veteran Member

I just checked and none of the Prodigital items carry the MS cashback flag right now as far as I can tell...............
12-04-2008, 07:18 AM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by John Kovarik Quote
I just checked and none of the Prodigital items carry the MS cashback flag right now as far as I can tell...............

Funny, I checked for the heck of it last night, and the cashback showed up for a Prodigital lens. Of course, I botched this myself a few days ago and didn't get it for my order, but it does seem to come and go. My Tamron 17-50mm did arrive safe and sound from them yesterday though. Nice lens for under $250 shipped.
12-04-2008, 07:32 AM   #67

I want to order a k20 and a Tamron 17-50. Does anyone think the 30% cash back is gone forever or do you think it will be back. Has it ever been 30% before this last week? My wife always tells me to stop procrastinating. I guess I should listen to her.

12-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fiveo Quote
I want to order a k20 and a Tamron 17-50. Does anyone think the 30% cash back is gone forever or do you think it will be back. Has it ever been 30% before this last week? My wife always tells me to stop procrastinating. I guess I should listen to her.
Although only 20% (perhaps 25% through another link), it just worked right now for me on a pretend order for a Tamron 17-50. $299 buy it now price, with $60 back. This is the confirmation I got:

"US $60.00
You must pay with PayPal to get your Microsoft cashback
This item is eligible for cashback, but this seller doesn't use eBay checkout. Since you won't be completing your purchase on eBay, it's very important that you remember to pay with PayPal.

If you use another payment method, you won't be eligible for cashback. See conditions."
12-04-2008, 08:30 AM   #69

QuoteOriginally posted by fiveo Quote
I've not found a history of the cashback amount, only comments that indicate it has changed. It would be interesting to know the history. Getting a 30% discount is enough to get me to spend some savings ;}
12-04-2008, 08:50 AM   #70
Veteran Member

Correction: I did find some cashback-eligible PTX lenses from Prodigital. They include the 50-135, and the DA* 200 and 300. The discount is 20% which approximates the ex-rate gap - pretty good prices for US buyers............
12-04-2008, 09:40 AM   #71
Veteran Member

I suspect that the amount of cashback available is person-dependent. While I was getting 25% for weeks, many people were reporting 30% during the same period.
12-04-2008, 11:24 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Well,
Now it's only 20% as I check few minutes ago.
Anybody knows when it will go back to 30% ?

Does anybody get more or less than 20% right now?
That way maybe we can figure out if MS is rotating the cashback among different states.
12-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Well,
Now it's only 20% as I check few minutes ago.
Anybody knows when it will go back to 30% ?

Does anybody get more or less than 20% right now?
That way maybe we can figure out if MS is rotating the cashback among different states.

For 25%, try using "crystal" as your search term.
12-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #74

try "G"
12-04-2008, 01:21 PM   #75
Veteran Member

In a message I got from eBay yesterday:

The Microsoft cashback program now works with third party checkout too.

Good news