Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #76
Inactive Account

as far as i know, the MS cashback has been going on for about half a yr and it's been up and down anywhere between 20-30%.

based on that, i'm hoping that the cashback will go upto 30% after christmas holidays.

i did order 77 limited from prodigital while there was 30% cashback but have yet to receive it. i'm planning to order the 43 if the cashback's upto 30% again.

12-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #77

I messed around and it does give different %s off when you search with different key words. I got a couple of things to bring up 25% cash back. For those that have bought from Prodigital in Canada, how does the warranty work? Sorry if it seems I'm hijacking this tread.
12-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OP response, the wait is on...

QuoteOriginally posted by ikim002 Quote
as far as i know, the MS cashback has been going on for about half a yr and it's been up and down anywhere between 20-30%.

based on that, i'm hoping that the cashback will go upto 30% after christmas holidays.

i did order 77 limited from prodigital while there was 30% cashback but have yet to receive it. i'm planning to order the 43 if the cashback's upto 30% again.
Ah, you too? After waiting three days I finally called Prodigital for a shipping date; not an arrival date mind you, just for an idea when they might ship it. I was told "maybe today, if there's no hangups or anything." I'm still waiting.

Don't get me wrong, the FA-77 was a really good price even without the Cash Back (about $100 or so under Adorama) and a great price with the Cash Back... but they're a lot quicker to take the money than they are to ship the product. My guess is they keep costs down by doing on-demand inventory: they get the orders, then order the lens , then pay Pentax. And that means profit while on the "float."

Just to keep 'em honest, I filed a PayPal dispute notice,
Brian
12-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #79

With Prodigital store, I am always getting the message that this item is not eligible for Microsoftmoneyback. Is there a workaround for it? Many seem to be able to use the cashback on this store.

12-05-2008, 02:41 AM   #80

QuoteOriginally posted by fiveo Quote
I messed around and it does give different %s off when you search with different key words. I got a couple of things to bring up 25% cash back. For those that have bought from Prodigital in Canada, how does the warranty work? Sorry if it seems I'm hijacking this tread.
That stopped working last night and this morning cashback is down to 15% ;{
12-05-2008, 06:42 AM   #81

CRAP! Maybe it will go back up.
12-05-2008, 07:20 AM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fiveo Quote
search some other threads, 2 years in canada, 1 international
12-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by skamaraju Quote
With Prodigital store, I am always getting the message that this item is not eligible for Microsoftmoneyback. Is there a workaround for it? Many seem to be able to use the cashback on this store.
You have to be a US resident, I'm afraid. If you really are in India, then you're out of luck

12-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
You have to be a US resident, I'm afraid. If you really are in India, then you're out of luck
Sigh it's down to 15% today.
I guess I'll have to wait for my next lens.

I tried w/ Prodigital also since they have the best price so far but mostly it won't work if they listed with Canadian currency. Maybe because the item is listed under ebay Canada instead of US.

Misererre is right about the buyer needs to be a US resident.
You can find the info from the Cashback's term & condition.
12-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #85
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Sigh it's down to 15%...
How does zero sound? (for now)
12-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #86

QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
I think it is broke for the moment - I've seen that before - hopefully it will come back.
12-05-2008, 07:14 PM   #87
Red

QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote

I was just logging on to buy the 77, and bang it's over. Oh well.
12-06-2008, 07:00 AM   #88
Red

I'm getting 15% live cash back popping up searching on "panasonic". If you don't get it on the first search, just keep refreshing the page.

12-06-2008, 08:12 AM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Red Quote
I was just logging on to buy the 77, and bang it's over. Oh well.
It's gone away and come back many times before. Be patient and have hope.
12-06-2008, 08:41 AM   #90

QuoteOriginally posted by Red Quote
I'm getting 15% live cash back popping up searching on "panasonic". If you don't get it on the first search, just keep refreshing the page.

That is bizarre - I am finding the same thing. You have to hit refresh a lot of times, but you can still get 15%.

Given that in the past you can get greater amounts for different search terms, it makes you wonder what other oddities lurk in the depths of live.com.