Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by G_Money Quote
Good point about the 50-135. When I bought mine, I rationalized the purchase by telling myself that I could recoup some of the costs by selling my DA70. But after getting the zoom I realized that the DA70 on the K20 is just so tidy. So on occasions where the size of the gear is an issue, I ended up getting a DA40 to accompany it. It's the convenience of not changing lenses vs. the convenience of a smaller package.

But like you, I've often yearned to just try a 77, if only to see what the differences are.

So you bought the 50-135 intending to get rid of the 70, but then bought the 40 to make the 70 part of a package... so you couldn't get rid of it!

I love it! That's the way I think

02-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #17
MSM
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ok, We need a new Rule

I think from now on when someone posts about a new lens, they have to wait until they can start a thread with some photos! (tongue in cheek). 16 (now 17) posts without an image from this great lens. I love coming to these threads to see what the OP does with the lens.

For all the complaining people say about holes in Pentax's lineup, we don't often enough note what a wonderful 'problem' we have choosing between great primes (70 v. 77, 40 v 43 v 35 etc.). You can't go wrong!

oh congrats on the lens!