Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
02-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #61

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by georgweb Quote
Good luck ! You don't need a dremel, a file and some patience does the trick. Watch out for the aperture ball when pulling off the back.

Envy ! Can you recommend a good value Mamiya645 to PK (or M42) adapter ?
At the risk of being booted from this forum. I use Takumar lenses and a wonderful Asahi Pentax Auto Bellows for macro. But my body is a Canon XSI. The adapter for that was found on eBay for about $55. A quick scan on eBay shows they are a little more expensive for PK.

A medium format lens will work on any slr that you can mount it to. The flange to film is much greater than an slr.

Interesting link on Mamiya and 35mm

http://rherron.conforums.com/index.cgi

Last edited by stover98074; 02-03-2011 at 07:47 PM.
02-22-2016, 04:02 PM   #62

I had once an sx 35 2.8, and After grinding down the back to sit properly on the adapter, I found it to be terrible. Maybe a bad copy. Recently I have bought an Sx 135 2.8, and it's a wonderful lens. Even at 2.8, it's slightly sharper than my jupiter 37A wide open at 3.5!!!! That's a remarkable achievement, no doubt. IQ is a 10 out of 10. Unfortunately it's a bit heavy, and minimun focussing distance at 1.5 metres is nothing special (jupiter is 1.2m) That's why I use the jupiter more.
10-14-2016, 05:26 AM   #63

Old discussion I know but I'm new to the forums. I came into the SX series about 5 years ago when I picked up a Mamiya DSX1000 for cheap. It came with a Mamiya-Sekor SX 55mm f/1.8. The results I got were so nice I started looking around for more lenses. I found a good deal on a SX 35mm f/2.8 that was attached to another DSX1000. I didn't mind a second one as I grew to like that camera with the spot metering option. This is one of the lens/camera combos that gives me the most consistently great results on film. I finally got a SX 28mm f/2.8 after looking for a few years. I also use the SX lenses on my Fujica ST605n with good results. I have chosen not use them on my digital cameras because the aperture ring gets stuck when they are screwed onto the M42 adapters I have. I'm not in the mood to modify my SX lenses or adapters for digital use as I have some Takumars, a Helios 44-2 and the great Rikenon 55mm f/1.4 to play with.

I also have a Mamiya C220 medium format camera with several lenses which I enjoy immensely. So in short, I have plenty of love for Mamiya Sekor and can't seem to get enough.
01-19-2019, 06:50 AM - 2 Likes   #64
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am resurrecting this old thread intentionally - there is no Mamiya Lens Club thread and this looks like it should be that very thing for us...

anybody else agree/disagree before I ask the mods to make it so?

01-19-2019, 08:14 AM - 1 Like   #65
Pentaxian

Sounds like a plan. Personally I had a Mamiya 645 with a couple of lenses for a while. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of the images. It's nice to se the name again, even if I don't currently own any Mamiya gear. And of course, who could forget those Mamiya inter-changeable lens twin lens reflexes. There's a product that thrived for a while then died. I had to learn about parallax because of them.

Last edited by normhead; 01-19-2019 at 08:36 AM.
01-19-2019, 08:27 AM - 1 Like   #66
Pentaxian

I've never used or had a Mamiya-Sekor 35mm film camera lens.

But I do have three (65 wideangle, 80 normal, 180 telephoto) Mamiya-Sekor medium format lenses for a MF Mamiya 6X6 TLR and can attest that Mamiya built high quality MF lenses, so I'm not surprised that many are happy with their 35mm film camera lenses.

Years ago working at a publishing company (late '60's - 1970), one of the pro photographers had and used a Mamiya Press camera. Very impressive looking camera and performed well, I never got to use it, but admired it from afar.
01-19-2019, 11:08 AM   #67
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I am resurrecting this old thread intentionally - there is no Mamiya Lens Club thread and this looks like it should be that very thing for us...

anybody else agree/disagree before I ask the mods to make it so?
I agree with you.

To me, Mamiya has always been an interesting manufacturer and while I don't yet have any 35 mm M-S lenses, I do have my aforementioned MF Mamiya lenses and I very much like the quality of these lenses and my old TLR. Very good, reliable equipment IMO.

01-19-2019, 11:45 AM - 1 Like   #68
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I agree with you.

To me, Mamiya has always been an interesting manufacturer and while I don't yet have any 35 mm M-S lenses, I do have my aforementioned MF Mamiya lenses and I very much like the quality of these lenses and my old TLR. Very good, reliable equipment IMO.

thank you

I do have a Mamiya 35mm lens, which is why I went hunting for a lens club for the manufacturer..... NONE!?!??!?
01-19-2019, 04:16 PM - 1 Like   #69
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

just a quick note:

there is now an 'official' Mamiya Lens Club thread --> Mamiya Lens Club - PentaxForums.com