Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2009, 05:46 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Vivitar 105mm f/2.5 Macro - Flora under the rain

After a week of blistering heat, the cool rains has come back to Sydney. My wife's plants are ecstatic about its return and so am I. Meanwhile, my beloved macro lens has begged me to capture this refreshing moment. Also to celebrate a moment of redemption, the rain surely speaks of hope and renewal.

Dedicated to the good people of the state of Victoria:

02-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
Igilligan

Alex

A really nice series... thanks for the reminder that the vivi 105 is a nice cloudy day shooter. The colors in your flower shots are wonderful. And a great rainy day exercise. The first has an almost 3D look to it, and I love the soft fushia / yellow flower bloom..

I just realized the vivi 105 has never been on my K20d. The extra crop factor with that giant 14 mp sensor might really be something with the 105...

I just posted some shots of some rainy day test shots of flowers from my new/old vivi 135 F2.8... Not Series 1 quality but, but I was impressed for 25 dollar find. If you want to see what an old M42 vivi 135 can do in the rain check out the middle of this thread.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/50849-i-blame-...-hinman-2.html

And again, thank for the reminder that it is time to pull out the vivi 105

Last edited by Igilligan; 02-13-2009 at 09:15 AM.
02-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
A really nice series... thanks for the reminder that the vivi 105 is a nice cloudy day shooter. The colors in your flower shots are wonderful. And a great rainy day exercise. The first has an almost 3D look to it, and I love the soft fushia / yellow flower bloom..

I just realized the vivi 105 has never been on my K20d. The extra crop factor with that giant 14 mp sensor might really be something with the 105...

I just posted some shots of some rainy day test shots of flowers from my new/old vivi 135 F2.8... Not Series 1 quality but, but I was impressed for 25 dollar find. If you want to see what an old M42 vivi 135 can do in the rain check out the middle of this thread.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/50849-i-blame-...-hinman-2.html

And again, thank for the reminder that it is time to pull out the vivi 105
Your Viv 135mm photos is what inspired me to take the above shots after the rain has fallen. So I can now say, "I blame Igilligan" for these photos.

Also, I needed a reason to resist the temptation of getting the Viv 135mm after seeing your photos. And to stop desiring after other Macro lenses e.g., Pentax M 100mm, Tamron 90mm, Voigtlander 125mm, etc. I only had the K10D for these shots, so it would be good to see what the K20D can do for the Venerable Viv 105mm. Looking forward to see your shots.

Cheers,

Alex
02-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
Igilligan

I promise to put it on the K20 in the next couple of days... I got three new/old lenses and I have to shoot some with them or else they may end up in the box and never see the light of day again. but the vivi 105 needs a workout and I will post the pics when I get them.

PS there are a 100 variations of the vivi 135.... I dont know how good the others are, but from what I have seen the 135mm length lens seems to be the ones that most manufactures come closet to getting right.