Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-25-2011, 08:05 AM   #241
Pentaxian

Taken with Fujinon 50/f1.4 M42 at f2.8, I believe

01-30-2011, 08:03 AM   #242
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Auto Tamron Zoom 80-250mm 1:3.8 M42

Picked this lens up for around $20 on ebay, so decided to give it a go. Here's a couple shots from my bedroom window, @ 250mm, f8, ISO 800 (it's not that bright here in England this time of year), 1/80 Sec
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
02-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #243

Hi,

I posted this in the beginner's forum as well, but it might get more attention here.
If anyone can help, I'd be grateful.

I have the Chinon 135mm f2.8 lens in a M42 screw mount. The problem I'm having is that after I screw the lens on, I can't seem to set the aperture to the one desired. It basically stays wide open no matter how much I turn the ring. The switch on the lens is turned to Manual (M showing on the lens).

When I try to turn the aperture ring when the lens is dismounted it closes fine. Anyone knows what could be causing this?

Btw, my Takumar 200mm doesn't have this kind of problems.
02-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #244
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BeerBelly Quote
Hi,

I posted this in the beginner's forum as well, but it might get more attention here.

I have the Chinon 135mm f2.8 lens in a M42 screw mount. The problem I'm having is that after I screw the lens on, I can't seem to set the aperture to the one desired. It basically stays wide open no matter how much I turn the ring. The switch on the lens is turned to Manual (M showing on the lens).

When I try to turn the aperture ring when the lens is dismounted it closes fine. Anyone knows what could be causing this?

I take it that you've tried the a-m switch in both positions? Don't ask me why I'm asking

Eric

02-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #245
Inactive Account

Hi,

Also, screw a base cap on the lens and try out the aperture, see if it works. If it works then it might have something to do with camera mount... if it doesn't examine the base of the lens and take a very close look at the lens base for something that might need to be compressed when mounted.
02-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #246
Pentaxian

A few with the Chinon 55/f1.4 (apparently this is a Tomioka made lens?)

02-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #247
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
A few with the Chinon 55/f1.4 (apparently this is a Tomioka made lens?)
I have the 55mm 1.7, and it's a nice performer. It's reasonably sharp, and 1.7 is USUALLY fast enough. When it's not I bring the 55mm 1.4 Rikenon. Congratulations on your lens, I hope you got a good deal!

02-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #248
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PGillin Quote
I have the 55mm 1.7, and it's a nice performer. It's reasonably sharp, and 1.7 is USUALLY fast enough. When it's not I bring the 55mm 1.4 Rikenon. Congratulations on your lens, I hope you got a good deal!
Yes, I like this lens. I've been using this lens for one week now. This is the first time I have a single lens on my DSLR for that long

I also have the Rikenon 55/f1.4. I think I have the full 55/f1.4 Tomioka made lenses collection (Revuenon, Chinon, Rikenon, Mamiya Sekor, Sears Sekor, Porst, Yashinon and Cosinon), they are all very good. I also have the Fujinon 50/f1.4 which is not made by Tomioka.
02-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #249

QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
Also, screw a base cap on the lens and try out the aperture, see if it works. If it works then it might have something to do with camera mount... if it doesn't examine the base of the lens and take a very close look at the lens base for something that might need to be compressed when mounted.
I seem to have solved the problem somehow or it solved itself :S
Anyway, if I hold the lens upside down (with the front end facing me) the aperture closes and opens just fine, even when mounted. So I'm thinking it must be something in the aperture ring that's a bit loose.
02-04-2011, 03:58 AM   #250
Inactive Account

Hi,

Hi, I had the same problem with my M42 tamron on my K-X. I had to cut the aperture pin off completely before mounting the lens. Not sure if this is just a K-X niggle of if it applies to most K mount bodies. I wasn't worried about the pin as the lens was never going to be mounted on anything other than my K-X.
02-15-2011, 09:08 AM - 1 Like   #251
Inactive Account

m42 Vivitar 300/5.5

This lens has a Built-in Tripod Mount, it's a Vivitar T4 series with a PX adapter and according to serial number, made by Tokina. Not really too big nor too heavy but def need this on a tripod... handheld @ f11, ISO 640, 1/80
02-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #252
Inactive Account

m42 Focal 28/2.8

Nice little lens, a $15 pickup, this shot at 5.6, ISO 100. You will need to use a hood as lens seems suffers from a bit of flare... Thanks, Rick
02-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #253

My birthday present from the inlaws finally arrived: A Jupiter-9 :-)
it sure is beautiful.
Certainly nothing wrong with it, but my first experience with a m42 adaptor wasn't as pleasing.
My original pentax-m42 adaptor has a little slip or wopple when I focus. just rotational, but still a little bit annoying. So is this normal behaviour, or is my adaptor a bad copy.... Hope you guys can help me.
And of course the first picture (my daughter), wide open or f/2,8
02-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #254
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Heiberg Quote
My birthday present from the inlaws finally arrived: A Jupiter-9 :-)
it sure is beautiful.
Certainly nothing wrong with it, but my first experience with a m42 adaptor wasn't as pleasing.
My original pentax-m42 adaptor has a little slip or wopple when I focus. just rotational, but still a little bit annoying. So is this normal behaviour, or is my adaptor a bad copy.... Hope you guys can help me.
And of course the first picture (my daughter), wide open or f/2,8
I have the Pentax brand/made adapter and it works pretty nicely with no issues. Locks into place firmly...

Is yours made by Pentax or a 3rd party? If you search the forums you should find a few options regarding the adapter and how to mount it. Some have chosen to permanently mount the adapter to lens and drill a small notch where a k mount would normally lock... I personally don't like to alter any lenses so I just mount the adapter, lock in and screw whatever lens I want to use...
03-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #255

Takumar 100/3,5 pre-set

The rendering is special, a nice and simple 3 element design.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-m  Photo