Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2009, 02:09 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nanok Quote
spot and center weighted will work. careful of the exposure problems with m (stopped down metering) lenses (need to compensate some times).

have fun, a greta lens you got there
Okey. I have used Center weighted to shooting film so no problems!

Thank you for the tips. I think that spending much time with it, and I will learn how to step down and controll it Thank you once again.

Why acctually it doesnt work with segament/multi metering?

Emil

02-17-2009, 05:30 AM   #17
Inactive Account

I find that mine overexposes up to f/8 then its okay until f/11 then after that underexposes (on my k10d). So I usually stopdown meter then pull back a stop or two, depending on how close I am to f/8.

Oddly enough my wife's K-m is slightly better at metering... I still have to run a side-by-side test of that though.

You know, I've never been to Sweeden... I wouldn't mind some PICS

- Andrew
02-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #18
Damn Brit

So when are we going to see some pictures taken with it Emil?
02-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Does Emil have a camera now? I must have missed the purchase confirmation, lost in all the what-if lead up threads!!! I've never been to Sweden either, so looking forward to some pics too!

02-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #20
Igilligan

I say forget waiting for good light...

All any of us care about is how it looks a 1.7 anyway... I meant the kit lens at F4.5 looks sharp... we want to see it wide open to see that bokeh...
02-17-2009, 11:04 PM   #21

exposure on M lenses

Here's my experience with my M50 1.4. Shooting in Av (I have the Av mod on the lens - the extra lock hole) exposure is spot on at f4.5. With a K10D, f5.6 and f8 overexpose while f4 and f2.8 underexpose. Can't speak for other apertures.
By the way K10D people, what's your prefered lcd brightness setting? I find +1 accurate for outdoors.

QuoteOriginally posted by AndrewShirley Quote
I find that mine overexposes up to f/8 then its okay until f/11 then after that underexposes (on my k10d). So I usually stopdown meter then pull back a stop or two, depending on how close I am to f/8.

Oddly enough my wife's K-m is slightly better at metering... I still have to run a side-by-side test of that though.

You know, I've never been to Sweeden... I wouldn't mind some PICS

- Andrew
02-17-2009, 11:58 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hello everyone.

I haven't been able to post them yet. It will come soon.

I only shoot in RAW and my RAW converter is home. I have not been home now for a while. I guess I could convert any examples with my camera, and post it.
But now I working and here it's early yet in the morning so I should be able to post when I am back to house in 10hours (8work and 2 travel)

Best regards Emil
02-20-2009, 12:11 AM   #23
Damn Brit

We're getting bored waiting for you to post a photo Emil.

02-20-2009, 12:14 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
We're getting bored waiting for you to post a photo Emil.
Haha allright. Now it's weekend so now I hope to find some time to post some photos.
Thanks for making this first pic-posting a very exiting moment.

People will really wait for it!!
02-20-2009, 02:37 AM   #25
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
Thanks for making this first pic-posting a very exiting moment.
Yeah, No pressure at all on your first picture post... Just a bunch of old vultures, waiting to pic it apart...
02-20-2009, 03:41 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Yeah, No pressure at all on your first picture post... Just a bunch of old vultures, waiting to pic it apart...
Haha!! yeah right! It's like artists reaching 30min late to the consert so that the fans "waiting for him/her" It makes all just more exited.. :ugh:

Damn....I start to get nervous :ugh: