Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2009, 09:47 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DA 12-24 and filters: tough questions

I'm not trying to duplicate the "Polarizer for DA12-24" thread started earlier today, I just have more specific questions about my situation.

Anyhow, I too want a polarizer for my 12-24 (77 mm size), but I eventually also want to use ND grad filters, up to 2 at a time, along with the polarizer for certain situations. So I realize that if I buy a screw-on polarizer, to use the ND grads I would then need to attach an adapter ring to it in order to attach a Cokin or Lee filter holder in order to insert the ND grad filter(s), am I correct?

So here are my other questions:
- Using such a combination, at which focal length would vignetting disappear?
- Could I get away with a Cokin P holder for the ND grads, or should I get the Cokin Z-Pro or Lee holder instead? (I don't want to spend extra for the 4x6 filters, but I will if it means I can shoot at a lot wider focal length without vignetting.)
- Which of these systems allows you to place the ND grads right up against the lens (or polarizer) in order to reduce vignetting and light refraction?