Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
Forum Member

pentax 50mm 1.7 lens help

I found my old 50mm 1.7 manual lens. Its about 26 years old. The rubber band on the focus ring were out and will not fit anymore. Is there any place i can get new rubber band focus ring at?

thanks

SmugMug - jeffrey makela (tootal2)'s photo galleries

03-31-2007, 01:49 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It would probably be cheaper to get a new (used) 50mm on eBay than to get it repaired, but you could send it in to Pentax if you wanted to.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-31-2007, 01:57 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
It would probably be cheaper to get a new (used) 50mm on eBay than to get it repaired, but you could send it in to Pentax if you wanted to.
I think i should get a 50mm 1.4 for my k10d. but there hard to find. The 50mm 1.7 works fine. but its hard to focus without that rubber on the focus ring. Theres got
to be replacement for it somewhere.

SmugMug - jeffrey makela (tootal2) : Photos from my new k10d
03-31-2007, 02:55 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KEH (KEH Camera: Used Cameras, Digital Cameras, Film Cameras, Laptop Computers and More.) has lots of 50mm's in stock- you might be surprised by their large selection of lenses! It used to be much bigger but it's deteriorated significantly since the K-series Pentax craze.

Take the lens down to your local camera shop and they'll tell you what your options are. You'll probably have to send it in to Pentax for $100.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-31-2007, 03:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tootal2 Quote
I found my old 50mm 1.7 manual lens. Its about 26 years old. The rubber band on the focus ring were out and will not fit anymore. Is there any place i can get new rubber band focus ring at?

thanks

SmugMug - jeffrey makela (tootal2)'s photo galleries
Buy some batches of broccoli and use those elastic bands! They maybe ugly and you'll need a few for good grip but hey..it works!