Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 133
I can not escape (new MF lenses)

About a year ago I tried to sell off my pentax lenses and switch to canon (Using a 1d MKII for sports photography now)

I think the lens gods must have looked at me like this

A Zeiss ZF 28mm f2.0 arrived in the mail today.

With it came a Voigtlander Nokton 58mm 1.4



Now how did that happen.

I will update the thread this weekend with LBA pics.

02-20-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member
jsherman999's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,228
QuoteOriginally posted by SloPhoto Quote
About a year ago I tried to sell off my pentax lenses and switch to canon (Using a 1d MKII for sports photography now)

I think the lens gods must have looked at me like this

A Zeiss ZF 28mm f2.0 arrived in the mail today.

With it came a Voigtlander Nokton 58mm 1.4




Now how did that happen.

I will update the thread this weekend with LBA pics.
It's not your fault. You can't be expected to withstand those lenses.




.
02-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 818
Sounds like you're stocking up on the good glass. I look forward to seeing some pictures.
02-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 133
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
It's not your fault. You can't be expected to withstand those lenses.




.
Thats what I told the woman.

I got both for less than the Zeiss should have sold for by itself.

I am just not strong enough to resist.

02-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 133
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
Sounds like you're stocking up on the good glass. I look forward to seeing some pictures.
I got down to just three lenses

FA 43 L (which I would have kept even without owning a pentax)
Voigtlander 125 macro (which I would convert to EOS should I ever fully leave pentax)
Hellios 40-2 (almost never use it, but damn is it neat)


Since I started buying back into canon gear for events, a Voiglander 180/4 and these two have magically appeared on my shelf.

Even worse, 90% of my shots with a canon camera are with my Tokina 35mm which is really a Pentax 35mm limited in drag.

I am so hopeless.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, lenses, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Machinery Escape to Train Yard TOUGEFC Post Your Photos! 15 04-14-2010 07:24 PM
No Escape Fl_Gulfer Monthly Photo Contests 2 01-09-2010 02:53 PM
Weekend escape cupic Post Your Photos! 6 08-09-2008 07:08 AM
Brighton Great Escape festival Christian Post Your Photos! 3 05-24-2007 10:21 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top